Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 1 decade ago

Should I break up with him?

My boyfriend asked his ex girlfriend out to lunch the other day on instant messenger, which wouldn't be a problem for me in the first place because I trust him and she has a boyfriend. Then she asked, would that be okay with your girlfriend? To which he replied "She wouldn't know, hehehe.". Then he denied saying it, and I have actual proof because she screen captured it.

Then last night we were hanging out and he said "everyone cheats." and I said no they don't I would never cheat, then he said "you'd be surprised.". I asked him if that meant that he's been cheating on me and he just said that he would never cheat and that he loves me. Why would someone say something like that though, if it doesn't apply to themselves? I'm confused. :(

I guess it depends on how much you're willing to put up with...I mean, I have a friend whose boyfriend goes out with his ex, and she goes out with other guy friends every once and a while, and although they get jealous about it all the time hey trust each other, and they're fine with it I guess...However, my boyfriend and I never do that. And I think that if he's showing to his ex that he lies to you and hides things from you, he's trying to hard to go out with her...which is wierd...Personaly, I would break up with him, but you should think it over, and try to talk to him seriously again...good luck :)

Its hard to say how old r u both and how long have u been together? He does seem to be immature and not fully committed to you so i would give it a few weeks and see if anything else happens. Good luck.

Dump him. He's not worth the hassle.

yes break up with him. he lies to you about his ex gf, and of course he was referring to himself. saying "everyone" includes him.