Balsamic vinegar....or balsamic vinaigrette...can u taste a difference? help?

Ok so I have some balsamic vinegar at home. A salad Im making requires Balsamic Vinaigrette… can I just use my Balsamic Vinegar instead of having to buy vinaigrette? Will there be a real noticeable difference?

Thanks!

OH great tips guys thanks! If I do about a cup vinegar...how much oil would I have to add?

• Brian
    Favorite Answer

Vingarette just means it has oil mixed in.

You can make your own vingarette by adding olive oil to your balsamic vingar.

There should be a pretty big difference. Vinaigrette is a vinegar and oil mixture. Depending on the type there may even be some herbs thrown into it. The oil helps to cut down on the incredibly sour taste of pure vinegar. If you just pour on the vinegar instead of vinaigrette your salad will be incredibly sour most people will notice that. However, luckily vinaigrette is easy to make, just stir in some olive oil into your vinegar before you pour it on the salad and you are done.

• mark

Mix balsamic vinegar with olive oil in a 1-2 ratio (1/4 cup vinegar to 1/2 cup oil)

Add some salt, pepper, chopped fresh herbs and a teaspoon of prepared mustard (like dijon)

------------edit-------------

If you do a cup of vinegar, you would need 2 cups olive oil. Unless you are making salad for 100, I would make a lot less. (like 1/4 cup vinegar and 1/2 cup oil)