Éilis
Éilis asked in Pregnancy & ParentingAdolescent · 1 decade ago

What's this "No Homo" thing about?!?!?

I've seen a few people say it on Y!A. Where did it come from? I've never heard anyone say it in real life...

I know what it means just want to know why people are saying it?

So is it offensive to gay people...?

One of a Kind - Did you really just ask me that question? I live in Ireland, not the middle ages! I guess we just don't say it here...you don't have to justify yourself like that by saying No Homo. It's stupid.

Madt - Yeah I tell my friends they look gorgeous all the time, hug them and give them kisses on the cheek. It doesn't mean I'm not straight and even if someone thought I wasn't because I did it, it shouldn't even matter!

Favorite Answer

snap . i think its ridiculous and ive never heard anyone say it real life either .

like if you answering an ' am i pretty ' question on yahoo answers ,. some of the same sex might say ' youre hot ,. no homo ' meaning that she thinks the girl is hot even though shes straight .. i think its stupid . this is 2010 ,. you can call someone hot without it meanings that you fancy the person . i dont know if its offensive to gay people ,. i suppose some gay people could take it offensively because its not used in a particularly complementary way to them .

People do it on facebook. Mainly girls who are into a particular sort of music and dress a certian sort of way. *cough CHAVS*

I have nothing against them but when they comment on pictures of there friends they'll put something like *awww, you look nice, no homo, babes. X

its just stupid and offensive

Some people feel insecure after saying something that can be interpreted as homosexual, so they coin the phrase, "no homo."

It's when you say something flirty to another guy, and to show that it's just a joke, you say "no homo" after.

• kwi

you just say it after you say somethinq someone miqht find 'gay'

• because its what lil wayne used to say. do you know who little wayne is? lol

Source(s): not really all your saying is that your not gay :)