Bamala asked in TravelCruise Travel · 1 decade ago

What is a Great Royal Caribbean ship for a honeymoon? ADVICE PLEASE!?

We are taking our honeymoon in May 2011. We are wanting a Caribbean cruise. We are both first time cruisers. We've heard only good things about Royal Caribbean cruise lines. BUt what class of ship would suit a couple best? Should we stick with a 4 day cruise? Would it be wise to get the balcony suite? Any info or advise would be welcomed!

• ideas
    Favorite Answer

Personally, I don't consider any cruise less than 5 days. I find a 4 day cruise is hardly worth the trouble of packing and flying (or driving) to the port. Five days cruises feel more like a real trip, and a seven day is pretty perfect to me. Just my two cents. :)

I don't have enough experience with Royal Caribbean to answer your exact question, but I will throw this in for what it's worth. RCCL is a good line and a good choice, but it is certainly not your only choice. Princess has a very good reputation, and is pretty similar to Royal Caribbean. Holland America can draw an older crowd, but they also have very nice ships and good service. The older crowd doesn't bother me, and I sail on HAL now and then. You hear some experienced cruisers make snide remarks about Carnival, but their newer ships are nice and they have very good service. I've always been treated well on Carnival. And you can probably sail for seven days on Carnival for the price of four days on Royal. In my opinion, a first time cruiser will notice little if any difference between Carnival and RCCL.

My point is, if you expand your choice of lines a bit, you'll have a lot more options for destination, and have a better chance at getting a good deal. Anything you save booking the cruise is money you can spend having a great time onboard and in port.

I recommend you at least get an oceanview. Insides aren't for everyone. A balcony is very nice if you can afford it, but I don't consider them a must-have. Perhaps some people would.

Hope I've helped a little. If you have further questions, feel free to message me.

Good luck!

The Radiance class of ships is my favorite as well. Lots of glass and views of the sea.

I've been on the Vision (a smaller ship), two ships in the Radiance class, and the Explorer (which is Voyager class). There are 2 classes even larger than Voyager class: Freedom class and the newest, Oasis class. The bigger and newer the ships are, the more activities they have onboard. Many of the activities are suited for either families, couples, or singles, so honestly which ship is best for you depends on what your interests are. If you go to http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/ships/ho... you can read about the different ships and what activity options they offer, and decide what's right for you.

For 4-night cruises in May 2011, you're only going to find the Monarch and the Majesty, going to Bermuda from Florida. These are Royal Caribbean's oldest and smallest ships. To be honest, I don't think they'll give you an accurate representation of everything RCCL has to offer. Plus, with 4 nights, you may just be getting into the cruise experience, and then they're sending you home again! I'd go for a 7-nighter, if you can afford it.

I'd rather have 7 nights in an oceanview or interior cabin than 4 nights in a balcony cabin.

I spend very little time in my cabin on a cruise - mostly sleeping, showering, and changing clothes - so a balcony is not often worth the extra expense to me. When we went to Alaska, it was nice to have a balcony so we had a private view of everything on glacier day. We could sit on our chairs instead of standing crowded at the railing on the main deck, and if we were cold, we could go back inside to get more clothes or even just to stay and warm up a little. We're having a balcony on our transatlantic in September as well. I'm not sure why my roomie insisted on it, but I went along with it. And we booked early enough to get a great price (Mar 09 for a Sep 10 cruise!) - the last handful of interior cabins are currently being offered at a price significantly higher than we paid for our balcony.

On the other hand - it's your honeymoon, you may want to splurge on a balcony to make the memories even more special. It's really up to you.

If you'd like to see some "real life" pictures (as opposed to the ones taken by the cruise line's ad agency), go to http://roofingprincessmos.shutterfly.com/ - I have pix from my cruises there, and you can see some of what the ships I've been on look like.

• aymond

Royal Caribbean Honeymoon

You could take a cruise on the world's largest cruise liner, the Oasis of the Seas, or it's sister ship which comes out later this year, the Allure of the Seas.

I reccomend the Radiance Class of ships. I really enjoyed my time aboard the Radiance of the Seas.

The Serenade of the seas is the ship from that class that sails in the Caribbean. They have a seven night departing on the 15th, 29th of May that year.

I cant ell u what boat to go on But if you go on one diff get a balcony suite you'll be happy and want to kill yourself if you dont lol

My 1st cruise ever i went with friends i got a cheap room with no Balcony and they got one i spent like 80 % of my time in there room mine blew and have had a Balcony every since

Source(s): Been on 6 cruises