I need help hooking up a wireless router?

I bought a D-Link router off the Internet and it came without a power adapter, antenna, start up cd, and wires. Is there any way I could hook it up without them or is there a store with all the parts.

Favorite Answer

Some wireless routers don't have external antennas. Radio Shack has an abundance of power adapters; they will also have proper networking cables. You could try searching the web for alternatives to the cd, but depending on your router it may or may not be critical. If it was supposed to come with those things, get a refund. If it wasn't, then power it on (when you have an adapter), plug it into your computer with a cable, and follow these instructions to find it's IP address.

http://compnetworking.about.com/od/workingwithipad...

Paste the address into the address bar in your web browser, and set up the router from there. If it requires a password, the default is usually admin. I recommend changing it for security reasons.

• josh

No, you need a power adapter and the correct amount of antenna(s).

You should be able to get most the parts off ebay.

Just make sure you know what connector your antenna is, ex. BNC, rp-sma.

Better use a cabinet