Alex asked in Social ScienceGender Studies · 1 decade ago

A serious question involving the military and men.?

Should a large majority of men that don't have a useful college degrees (Useless degrees like engineers, or teaching) be forced to serve in the military and liberate the women of the middle east from oppressive male rulers?

Update:

Logan: I think the women should be able to remain in the military, and in some cases be conscripted, but instead of being normal class soldiers, be promoted to higher ranking officers instead.

Update 2:

By useless I meant useless for men. Since the majority of women now days are getting college degrees, they can replace the men in the work field going out into combat.

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Liberate those "oppressed" women with your own lives and money, feminists. Stop leeching off men and tax-payers. Show us how "strong and independent" you all are.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Oppressed by whose definition? As long as they have a choice, whats so oppressing?! Besides I know the media doesn't want you to know this, but in those countries where those women are "oppressed" it is a CHOICE! You can wear the traditional clothing or opt for jeans and a t-shirt. Just not Daisy Dukes and a work out bra. I know shocking, looking like a rape magnet is liberating...but oh well I guess they will just have to live with lower rape statistics than most countries...what a shame.

And if you had been to war you know the reason for ranks is so you don't end up with 20 dead bodies when you could only have one. Most civilians can't even handel a relationship with a person in the military let alone be one! Male/ Female once you sign up you don't have a gender, race, religion, cultural background. You are a member of a unit moving and thinking as one. You have a gender when they tell you, you have one, you have a race when it is useful in combat, you have religion when you can find the time. You have a cultural background when you get back to the states. Until then when your commanding officer tells you to jump you don't ask how high, you just jump as high as you can! Get that straight!

As for be promoted for being female with a degree, why? Have they worked for it? If they haven't then they are not entitled to the position.

• 1 decade ago

And what about useless women? Again, you fail to imply any sort of gender equality. You continually imply that men are the problem and that women are fault-free (by neglecting them). By looking at all the questions you have asked, it's easy to see how you REALLY must hate men. You seem to want to punish them for every little thing. Even just existing...without a college degree. Either that, or you're just trolling looking for a strong response.

But to answer your question, no. They should not be forced. What ever happened to free will or "life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness"? You don't seem to believe in it that much with asking something like this. And also, why FORCE college degrees on people? Your question assumes that EVERYONE should have one. How very ignorant, not to mention arrogant, of a thing to imply. You clearly would fit better in some form of collectivist society with those ideas. Might want to check out China or North Korea.

• 1 decade ago

Engineers most certainly are being hired. I can tell you that from personal experience.

And as for them being useless, I can only assume you are tolling, unless you consider power plants/grids, computer hardware and software, roads, bridges, buildings, medication, cars, cosmetics, aircraft, life-saving medical devices, space exploration, the military, ANYTHING that comes off an assembly line and pretty much everything else that modern life is based on to be useless.

Edit: nor are they useless for men. It is fact that men blow women out of the water when it comes to engineering, math, and science.

Source(s): Engineer
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

They are already doing so, to get the guvernment to pay for their college degrees. Or to give immigrants an opportunity to earn their greencard. In Germany its covered by taxes, in America either your parents pay or you put time in the military, or you somehow manage to work 60 hours a week AND study.

• 1 decade ago

Why is an engineering degree useless?

We have been hiring the whole recession.

Why don't the Women's Studies students put their "useful" degree in action and go liberate them

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Engineers are not being hired . Yes that's a good idea, but one in ten will be a gang member. Judges will send some to the military rather than prison or jail. As it is now the military has 10% gang members. This is why women in the service are raped. How can we be sure that won't happen in the middle east? or Africa. There are women in Darfur that are sexually assaulted daily.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Wow that is really sick, one of the sickest things I have heard here.

• 1 decade ago

No

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.