Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 decade ago

If the wives of soldiers refused to perform marital favors until the wars in Iraq and A-stan were won how?

quickly could we declare vicotry?

• Sadcat
    Favorite Answer

What about the husbands of soldiers?

This is Truly a sad question to be asking. There are also women serving in the military who leave behind husbands and children to serve in these conflicts. The divorce rate in the military is higher especially because of these deployments. Our life has been turned inside out at times and United States citizens make jokes about this. Every other year I watch my kids cry as we are saying goodbye again and I've been doing this since 2003. I had to have my cable disconnected in 2003 so I wouldn't loose my mind watching the news. My husband was part of the rapid deployment from Fort Hood. Our family and our marriage has suffered greatly. I was pregnant with a high risk pregnancy during the last deployment and the baby died at 38 weeks. About 2 weeks after I delivered a stillborn my husband was sent back to Iraq to finish his duty. I had no family or friends with me and I lost my mind for awhile. When a soldier dies we have people that show up to the burial to scream vile remarks at the grieving families. Please show some consideration and respect to the men and women serving and their families. We endure things civilians could not imagine in our day to day lives.

Source(s): Proud U.S. Army Spouse

The men are on the opposite side of the world and their wives are here...show some logic please...!

and no it would do no good if they were side by side...these are a special breed of humans, who actually put their lives on the line for the greater good...

Now if the politicians would do their job...let the dogs of war off their leash!!!!!!!!

This war would have been over years ago......politicians need an excuse to spend your money, look how much pork is in the new Military Bill pending in congress.....!

Did you just read "Lysistrata" in your literature class or something? It's an ancient Greek play by Aristophanes that is about exactly what you described. The wives of the soldiers withhold sex to end the Peloponnesian War. It worked in the play.....I don't think it would work now though.

That is a stupid question. If the soldier is deployed they are not performing marital favors anyway and that hasn't stopped men and women from serving their country. They have a higher calling. Afterall they are willing to risk their lives for others. Hopefully you can come up with more compelling questions than that.

So you are saying there would be not cheating while the troops were deployed? I have never claimed to have a long pecker, but even the most well endowed would have issues trying to perform from 10,000 miles away.

Lastly you are not taking into account the gays in the military and if the left has their way they can cuddle in the fox hole together.

This is the plot of "Lysistrata", a play by Aristophanes in ancient Greece. I don't think that'd work in the real world.

If Bawney Fwank's boyfriend withheld favors till Fanny and Freddie were closed, then we might finally get some reform.

• ?

Seeing as the soldiers are overseas and the wives are home I would say there would be no impact..

This isn't ancient Greece and soldiers do not have a say in whether they have to fight a war or not.