? asked in TravelCanadaToronto · 1 decade ago

Why were people rioting the G20 summit in Toronto?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

People riot at every G-whatever summit, dunno why it surprised anyone. The "black bloc" come to virtually every single one looking to cause destruction and mayhem. Read up on all on the past G7-8-20 meetings, all similar.

It was not the common people rioting, but a small select group looking to cause problems.

• 5 years ago

@ Tyler The French were actually having a riot of their own - in Strasbourg, ahead of the NATO summit. I hate to admit it, but the froggies are world leaders at protesting and revolutions and all that stuff. In answer to the question - I think the protests were reasonably well covered. It didn't sound like there was too much rioting - which is a good thing, because there's a time and a place for riots and this wasn't it. The riots will probably break out spontaneously in a few big cities and spread quickly, but I don't mean only in Britain.

• 1 decade ago

Because it was such a wastage of tax payers' money. People are loosing their jobs while rich leaders are sharpening their ego. A billion dollars can create lots of jobs. They should have G20 meeting in Medicine Hat next time because Toronto Police didn't do a good job . They set up police cruisers to be burnt by the rioters. It was an inside job, for the government to justify their out of control spending.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

They're "peaceful hippies" who want an adrenaline rush.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Massive maple syrup shortages caused my the underwater delicious topping pipeline that has been leaking the past 2 months.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.