? asked in TravelCanadaToronto · 1 decade ago

Why were people rioting the G20 summit in Toronto?

Favorite Answer

People riot at every G-whatever summit, dunno why it surprised anyone. The "black bloc" come to virtually every single one looking to cause destruction and mayhem. Read up on all on the past G7-8-20 meetings, all similar.

It was not the common people rioting, but a small select group looking to cause problems.

@ Tyler The French were actually having a riot of their own - in Strasbourg, ahead of the NATO summit. I hate to admit it, but the froggies are world leaders at protesting and revolutions and all that stuff. In answer to the question - I think the protests were reasonably well covered. It didn't sound like there was too much rioting - which is a good thing, because there's a time and a place for riots and this wasn't it. The riots will probably break out spontaneously in a few big cities and spread quickly, but I don't mean only in Britain.

Because it was such a wastage of tax payers' money. People are loosing their jobs while rich leaders are sharpening their ego. A billion dollars can create lots of jobs. They should have G20 meeting in Medicine Hat next time because Toronto Police didn't do a good job . They set up police cruisers to be burnt by the rioters. It was an inside job, for the government to justify their out of control spending.

They're "peaceful hippies" who want an adrenaline rush.

Massive maple syrup shortages caused my the underwater delicious topping pipeline that has been leaking the past 2 months.