Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

Why do Xtians wear a symbol of the execution device that was used to torture and kill jesus, their god?

I mean, if he had died by shooting squad, would they be wearing a rifle in their necks? (i know rifles didn't exist back then, that was an analogy)

Heather: sorry i was running out of space, Christmas can be spelt Xmas so, why not Christians?

Favorite Answer

Marketing 101.

it's their icon. the symbol that binds them into their tribe.

I am a Christian, not an xtian. I wear it as a reminder of the suffering Jesus endured for me.

The word is "Christian," not Xtian. Asshole.

"Heather: sorry i was running out of space,"

You would have had four left. It's disrespectful, both to Christians and the Christ.

• Nancy

That is such a good question I wonder about that myself, and have asked people who do why? They can't come up with a good sensible answer

Yes, I would wear a rifle if that's how he died.

• To remember the significance and because it's the symbol of the atonement

It looks super cool and it helps the economy.

But, if I don't wear my death device, nobody will know how much I love God...

I always thought it was a reminder of *how* he died for us. Never actually thought about it...

Source(s): Dunno

TO REMEMBER HIS SACRIFICE but for me mine is usually at home..for me it is personal