Is it ok to tell my parents I'm dating someone?

My boyfriend and I are both 14 yrs old and we decided to make this relationship SERIOUS. We've been dating for 2 weeks and I'm really in love with him.

We live close to each other. I keep lying to my parents that I'll see my friend just to go to his house. I'm worried that they might know I'm going to his house and I feel guilty lying to them everytime.

Since we don't study in the same school, I'm worried that he might look for other girls. He told me that I must trust him no matter what. He's not bad boy and I think he keeps his promises. I'm really scared to loose him.

If I told my parents that I'm dating him, would that strengthen our relationship? His mom knows about us. He said it's my decision whether I should or not.

Do I have to wait for one month or months to prove he also loves me like I do?

If not, what should I do to strengthen this relationship?

How can I convince my parents to allow me to date?

Favorite Answer

being 14 and in love is a one of a kind experience. :)

Look, your parents have the ability to completely ruin this for you. If you keep hiding it from them, when they find out (which they will) they will assume the worst and possibly force you to end all contact with this boy.

You need to tell them you're dating someone. Introduce him to your family. Don't tell them you're "in love" because, as we adults know, love at 14 isn't the same thing as love at 30. They won't take you seriously if you tell them how in love you are. Just tell them you really like him and want their permission to go out with him. It's as simple as that. If they are reasonable, they'll be ok with it.

But lying to your parents about where you're going is a very bad thing to do. They could come looking for you, try to reach you, something could happen to you on the way there or back... they will find out eventually. So just tell them and get it over with. It will make your life SO much easier.

Good luck! :-)

If it's only been 2 weeks.. I really don't think it can be REAL love. It might just be infatuation. I don't know if you should tell your parents or not.. I'm actually in the same situation. I've been dating my bf for around 3 almost 4 months and I keep lying to my parents.. Good luck and I hope you find something soon!!

Well what I would do is maybe wait a week or too more just to see if everything is still going well.

Then you can tell your parents. Tell them everything good about him, and if they say they should meet them then agree, because then you can prove how much you really like him and how much of a respectful guy he is.

That should earn you some respect.

Your parents would probably be less inclined to let you date if you didn't tell them what was going on.

of course you should tell your parents. then you two will be more comfortable around each other and you don't have to hide anything. And another thing... you're only 14. don't just tie yourself down to one guy. you have the rest of your life to go and experiment and find that one and only guy for you. and have your parents get to know this guy then they will trust him and everything and let you date.

hope this helps!

not if you're not allowed to date.

have him come to your house and meet your parents.

don't lie about him or they will really freak when they find out and they will.

i think you should tell ur parents

FAIL....

Tell the you like him and well... see what happens, they might be happy...

telling your parents is suicide, brah