which is better? nvidia geforce or ati radeon?

i need a new graphics card.

Favorite Answer

of course nvidia geforce

• Arie

Your question cannot be answered. It is like asking what is better a banana or another banana? Both nVidia and ATI are manufacturers of graphic chipsets. GeForce is what nVidia calls its chipsets and Radeon is what ATI calls its chipsets. There are many, many models available of both the nVidia GeForce as well as the ATI Radeon. You cannot compare a whole brand with another whole brand. You would need to compare specific models. See the Tom's Hardware website for example for comparisons between various graphic cards.

• Jordan

No offence, but this is one of the STUPIDEST questions that have ever been asked on Y.A and that's saying something.

Which Nvid geforce and which ATI RAD? You release both brands have something like 200 cards?

Personally I choose to upgrade to an Rad HD 5770, I don't have it yet and will likely get it tomorrow.

I suggest looking up some compairsons of cards etc and deciding on your budget, also if you want to play new release games(GTA IV etc) you'll require around a rad HD or a Ge force GTS 300 series.