Patricia asked in HealthOther - Health · 1 decade ago

why do i have bright red blood in my stool and pain in my side and back?

sometimes i cant sleep at night because of discomfort and pain in my back and right side now the red blood in the stool and toilet im 37 years old

Favorite Answer

Go see a doctor. Blood in your stool is NOT normal. And you can't possibly get a diagnosis from Y!Answers. You need to be seen TODAY.

It might only be an internal haemorrhoid that has burst but you do need to go to the doctor to get this checked out as it could be a number of different things. The doctor might get you to have blood tests and x-rays and also refer you to a gastro-enterologist specialist.

Good Luck and try not to worry too much.

Depending on how much blood we're talking about.

-A little- contact your doctor to make an appointment asap.

- A lot, Call for an ambulance. You most likely have something serious wrong with you.

**

Information given, is personal advice and not medical advice.

This means that you need to go to a doctor.

It could be something simple like hemorrhoids or an anal fissure. Depending on the size of either, you may not have to do anything about it.

However, - and I don't want to scare you, but - it could also be rectal cancer. I know that you're a bit young for that, but it is a possibility.

Go to the doctor to have it checked out. Your life may depend on it.

Source(s): personal experience

Go see your doctor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If it's like a lot of blood, get to the ER right away..... like now!

• Bob

time to see a doc ...NOW

EEEEEEEWWWWWWW!