Bontempi Piano Information?

How much is a bontempi Piano?. I have tried searching the net and had no luck so any help would be appreciated.

It is not a childrens piano. Its a pretty big proper looking piano, about the size of a two seater sofa. It has been lying about in the garag for ages and was wondering if its worth anything.

Favorite Answer

Bontempi is (was) an Italian toy manufacturer. They produced a gazillion chord organs in the 60s. I don't know of any "pianos", but expect them to be similar to the toy pianos you would find today; a simple action striking tuned steel plates.

... it might be collectible, but it isn't a musical instrument.

I'm not sure why the Y!A filter insisted this was a 'classical' matter for little toy pianos, unless the mere word 'piano' did the trick... :-)

A simple Google search here gives me 15,000+ returns so I'll leave you those to look through, though they will be Europe-centric because of my locality. If you repeat the same search string where you are, they will be tailored to that locality instead.

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&client=opera&...

All the best,