What are some unique elopement ideas?

We live in the US. We want to elope now and then have our reception on our first anniversary then go back to the place where we eloped for our anniversary/honeymoon. Does anyone have any great ideas other than..."Go to this place its cool" Ive been looking at small B&Bs along both coasts, beach and jungle cabanas in Belize, places in Hawaii....but I need more options. We are on a medium sized budget. Like what a normal vacation would cost. Also we were thinking of Europe or Asia too but our marriage has to be legal in the US. We are a younger couple, I am 27 and he is 30.

2 Answers

Relevance
  • Jessy
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

The Bahamas is a great place to go. They are running special prices right now for all-inclusive resorts and you can even have a destination wedding there. The only thing you have to do is be in the Bahama's 24 hrs. prior to getting married to obtain temp. citizenship--this is a short time, as many places ( especially in Europe, where it can be up to 30 days ). The marriage would still be legal in the U.S. if you get married in the Bahamas.

Riu Palace Paradise Island Nassau

Breezes

Sandals Royal Bahamina

These are some all inclusive resorts you can look at.--I just booked mine at Sandals Royal Bahamian and got it for about 1/2 off the regular price.

Good Luck and Congrats !!

• 1 decade ago

Gretna Green is THE place to elope to in the south west corner of Scotland it's the cutest village and a Scotsman in a kilt plays the bagpipes.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.