Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 decade ago

Who is up for some "Political Humor"? Thats as far as I go discussing "Politics"...?

...I've seen how dangerous it can be LOL..

At a time when our president and other politicians tend to apologize

for our country`s prior actions,here`s a refresher on how some of our

former patriots handled negative comments about our country.

JFK'S Secretary of State, Dean Rusk, was in France in the early 60's

when DeGaule decided to pull out of NATO. DeGaule said he wanted all

US military out of France as soon as possible.

Rusk responded "does that include those who are buried here?

DeGuale did not respond.

You could have heard a pin drop

See DB...

Favorite Answer

John F. Kennedy was campaigning for his election to be President of the United States in a small coal mining town in West Virginia as he walked by kissing babies and shaking hands a young miner covered in dirt yelled out "Mr. Kennedy I don’t think you ever did an honest days work in your life". Without a beat passing Kennedy replied "you know friend I guess you are right". The miner than yelled back "well you didn’t miss a God Darn Thing"

It reminds me of the (probably apocryphal) story about a French officer who asked why NATO staff meetings were always held in English. Someone answered, "Because the Brits, Americans, and Canadians made sure they wouldn't have to be held in German."

As I said, probably just a story, but a great point.

sure, actually. regrettably, there is too plenty ridicule and insulting occurring from the two aspects on Y/A. as a result, a minimum of at here, the two aspects are not taken very heavily i'm afraid.

Awesome. Good point.