Why does the Koran instruct Muslims to judge others. To judge others to make them submit to Allah of Islam?

A Muslim answer said that he can judge Christian Ministers by what is written in the Koran.

Others have written that the man judges his wife & children & others to cause them to submit to Allah... So their reward then is from God in the afterlife.

So why is this so different than what Jesus taught us. Jesus told us to not judge one another, or we will be judged likewise... That being self righteous & judgmental causes a log in our eye where we can't see/discern how to take out the sliver in someone else's eye.

-------

It just seems that Islam teaches men to be the god over family & also judge others.

To teach to kill people for adultery...

To teach to kill people who THEY JUDGE aren't right about God, like who THEY JUDGE are polytheists...

2. Who makes them gods anyway?

When the woman accused of being pregnant of adultery was brought ot Mohammad, she was killed after she had the child.

When the woman caught in the act of adultery was brought before Jesus, Jesus forgave her, telling her to sin no more.

3. So why does the Law that came by Moses of the 1st Covenant, and the Grace & Truth that came by Jesus of the New & Better Covenant, need to be changed to be more laws & also telling Muslim leaders to be gods [judges] over others?

Update:

In their words, 'To cause others to submit to Allah & do good...'

Update 2:

Right now there is a world wide Islamic gathering to promote Islamic world wide, and this is by judging non muslims as embiciles while doing their prosyletizing until all submit to Allah of Islam.

The question is why do they think they are 'gods' to judge others?

Update 3:

Stslhe, Innocent unbelievers would be an oxymoron for a Muslim.

Because unbelievers are not innocent. Neither are Muslims who are not good enough Muslims. Like if they commit adultery, they get the death sentence.

Update 4:

Also, your verses are early Koran verses. The later verses supercede the earlier ones that may seem contradictory.

Because the later verses are the ones who tell Muslim men they can be gods over their wives, family, other muslims who are not good enough or the unbeliever in Islam.

Update 5:

Also, your verses are early Koran verses. The later verses supercede the earlier ones that may seem contradictory.

Because the later verses are the ones who tell Muslim men they can be gods over their wives, family, other muslims who are not good enough or the unbeliever in Islam.

Update 6:

Sunny,

Interesting.

Jesus New Testament is in His Blood Shed to take away our sins & His body broken for us.

And the New Nation is in Christ. In the Better Covenant with better promises. The Redeemer promised Abraham's seed was born out of Israel.

Yes the Ishmaelites were blessed a great nation. But the New Covenant received through faith in Jesus Christ, the Son of God, is a better Covenant with better promises.

It is made available to people of all nations. The 1st Covenant prophecied of the New Covenant where the LORD writes His love laws in our hearts.

To have land laws & national leaders is the blessing Hagar's descendants have.

And this still does not save people from their sins.

But the New Jerusalem from heaven is a mother to us all, Where we are redeemed from our sins.

Update 7:

Shine, U:

see what Jesus said:

"AND I WILL KILL HER CHILDREN WITH DEATH; and all the churches shall know that i am he which searcheth the reins and hearts: and i will unto every one of you according to your works"[revelations 2:23]

ME:

20 But I have this against you that you tolerate the woman Jezebel who calls herself a prophetess & she teaches & leads my bond servants astray so that they commit immoral acts & eat things sacrificed to idols.

Behold I cast her into a sick bed with those who commit adultery w/her into great tribulation [unless they repent].

And I will kill her children...

---

So this is during the great tribulation & the children of Jezebel who is a controling antichrist spirit. Her children are those who follow her, antichrist with her.

U:

"Think not that i am come to send peace on earth: I CAME NOT TO SEND PEACE, BUT A SWORD"[matthew 10:34]

ME:

This sword is when we are born Jesus Disciples, our family who rejects Jesus Christ the Son of God, may kill us.

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

People without understanding will instruct others to do as they see fit, out of their own false truth and sight.

It is true that judgment is unjust. Usually what we accuse others of doing are things we see in ourselves. We have no right to point our finger, unless we can accept the judgment that is returned unto us.

"When the woman accused of being pregnant of adultery was brought to Mohammad, she was killed after she had the child. When the woman caught in the act of adultery was brought before Jesus, Jesus forgave her, telling her to sin no more." Glad you brought that up.

Jesus told the woman, "Go and sin no more." The pain of her guilt was enough for her, and Jesus knew this. Only by a God of true love can one forgive immoral acts and spare life. How can a god be true to his own words of life and love, if He kills with His own hand, as with the woman who was brought to Mohamed?

Did you also know, Mohamed had many wives and committed many sins in his life? He was not a righteous man and carried out the "word" of God as he was living in this sin. It is true in the Bible that we see many kings do the same, but they turned their lives around by repenting and "sinning no more."

The Bible says many false prophets will come and try to fool the people. I believe Muhammad to be one of these prophets. The Qur'an, if you read it yourself, is mainly filled with glorified words. There is some truth, but little substance to it. The majority of the book does preach hate. A God of love and grace cannot forgive, yet teach his people to kill at the same time. Do you really believe God would contradict Himself?

There can be only one, true God. If God really were one to teach both hatred and grace, then I guess there's no hope! I personally believe there is a grace far beyond what the majority of the world can see, but you have to experience it in order to believe it. That's why people are allowed, for now, to believe what they do.

Source(s): The article is long, but worth the read: http://www.bibleprobe.com/muhammad.htm
  • Anonymous
    5 years ago

"And when you speak, then be just, though it be (against) a relative." [Al-Quran, Surah al-An`âm: 152] "O you who believe! stand out firmly for Allah, as witnesses to fair dealing, and let not the hatred of any people make you swerve to wrong and depart from justice. Be just: that is next to piety: and fear Allah. For Allah is well-acquainted with all that you do. " [Al-Quran, Surah al-Mâ'idah: 8] "O you who believe! Shun much suspicion; for lo! some suspicion is a sin." [Al-Quran, Surah al-Hujurât: 12] There are more in other less direct sentences, but this should be enough for your query. Then again, many Muslims (esp those living in muslim countries) do not follow this rule. It's a fact. Alot of muslims judge others. A lot Muslims in mosques judge every other muslims who don't go to the mosque/ read quran/ don't keep a beard/ don't wear the hijab as much as they do...as bad. A lot of Muslims who don't wear the hijab or those who don't pray, judge other muslims who do...as old- fashion. Just as the asker had mentioned, most christians judge others. Muslims are also the same. I'm just being frank and fair.

• 1 decade ago

We are not allowed to judge anybody, from where did you get your info?

If you know that someone is actually corrupt you are not allowed to expose him/ her, you have to advise and cover for him/ her

We don't judge Polytheists, we just consider them wrong, just like you Christians consider everyone wrong until he/ she becomes Christian.

The Prophet PBUH DID NOT INSIST ON APPLYING THE VERDICT ON THE WOMAN, SHE WAS THE ONE WHO INSISTED BECAUSE SHE FELT TERRIBLE OF HER SIN (YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW ARAB WOMEN VIEW ADULTERY, DO YOU?) READ THIS STORY FROM AN ISLAMIC SOURCE.

The law which came by Moses pbuh has been adhered to by Jesus pbuh and has been fully completed by Muhammed pbuh, Moses, Jesus and Muhammed delivered the same essential message, only with some different legislation and more wisdom.

Please feel free to ask me anything about Islam, which does not differ in essence from Judaism and the original Christianity.

I ask you to watch this episode only at least (don't complete the whole series if you dont like to):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsmrOvWIhKA

Youtube thumbnail

@Monkey: The stoning of the adulteress is mentioned in your very bible!!

Do you even read your bible? most of the prophets had multiple wives! and the Prophet Muhammed pbuh did not commit one single sin!! what are you talking about, and stop comparing Jesus to Muahmmed, they're all Prophets of God, with Muhammed being the master of them, and this is not out of bigotry or because Quran says so, if you go through his TRUE biography you will know who this mighty Prophet truly is.

My advice for you, don't read his story from anti-islamic sites, it will delude you and blow the chance for you to know the true face of Islam.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkHk60C9ac4

Youtube thumbnail

&feature=related

• Marie
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Muslims say they believe in Christ, but they know nothing of who Christ is. They do not know that Jesus was all about mercy. We have all sinned and fallen short and that is why no person should judge another. How can another person with as much sin as I have judge me? That is why he told the crowd who wanted to stone the adulterous woman that he who has no sin should cast the first stone. One reason Jesus came was to teach us to love. Jesus said that hate was like murder. That lust was as bad as adultery. By these standards, we have all fallen away. The greatest commandments Jesus gave us was to love God with all our hearts, and to love one another. He who loves his or her fellow human being does not find excuses to murder them, or beat them.

Only God is qualified to judge us all. Only He sees all sides of a matter and knows the intentions of our hearts. What man can look into a heart and see our motivations? None. Therefore no man is qualified to pass judgment.

The illustration that you pointed to about the adulterous woman shows a stark contrast between Jesus and Mohammad. It points out what each were about clearly. It is a fact that Jesus was about mercy, love, forgiveness and redemption. He showed us that our God is a God of second chances and even more. That God knows our imperfections and loves us in spite of them.

I believe the Muslim people have missed what Jesus is about. I do not believe they know Jesus at all. No disrespect intended. Peace!

BTW, good question!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

haa , if you knew anything about islam and actually asked a practicing and very faithful muslim then you would know that forcing is COMPLETLEY not allowed and considered 'haram' in the islamic religion. like any other religion , it says to suggest and spread the message NOT to force.

Source(s): the qur'an and hadith of the islamic religion.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Answer the First Question:

Final Judge is in the day of Judgement. Muslims only can judge about the truth and false. No one in under of law.

Jesus not said you can not Judge what is truth or false?

Wow! Its so funny when christians claiming such things.

Jesus said to them, "I tell you the truth, at the renewal of all things when the Son of Man sits on his glorious throne, YOU WHO HAVE FOLLOWED ME WILL ALSO SIT ON 12 THRONES, JUDGING THE 12 TRIBES OF ISRAEL" [Matthew 19:28]

So we even see that the disciples have the authority to Judge people.

Answer the 2nd question:

"The people of Samaria Must bear the consequences of their guilt because they rebelled against their God. They will be killed by an invading army, their little ones dashed to death against the ground, THEIR PREGNANT WOMEN RAPPED OPEN BY SWORD" [Hosea, 13:16]

Fulfillment of God's promised punishment in Hosea 13:16:

"In the ninth year of Hoshea, THE KING OF ASSYRIA CAPTURED SAMARIA. He deported the Israelites to Assyria and settled them in Halah and by the Habor, Gozan's river, and in the cities of the Medes" [2 Kings, 17:6]

"Therefore, the LORD was very angry with Israel, AND HE REMOVED THEM FROM HIS PRESENCE. ONLY THE TRIBE OF JUDHA REMAINED"[2 Kings, 17:18]

Note: all other tribes (including women and children) were killed in a cruel way (pregnant women ripped open, see Hosea, 13:16)

Lets see what Jesus said:

"AND I WILL KILL HER CHILDREN WITH DEATH; and all the churches shall know that i am he which searcheth the reins and hearts: and i will unto every one of you according to your works"[revelations 2:32]

"Think not that i am come to send peace on earth: I CAME NOT TO SEND PEACE, BUT A SWORD"[matthew 10:34]

The Covenant of Israel has been vanished..

"AND AS FOR ISHMAEL, I HAVE HEARD YOU: I WILL SURELY BLESS HIM; I WILL MAKE HIM FRUITFUL AND WILL GREATLY INCREASE HIS NUMBERS. HE WILL BE THE FATHER OF TWELVE RULERS, AND I WILL MAKE HIM into A GREAT NATION"[Genesis, 17:20]

We first see a clear promise from God Almighty that He will make "GREAT NATION" from Ishamel descendents.

"And these are the name of the sons of Ishmael, by their names, according to their generations: this firstborn of Ishmael, Nebajoth, and kedar, and Abdeel and Mibsam....These are the Sons of ishmael, and these their names, by their town, and by their castles; twelve princes according to their nations."[Genesis, 25:13-16]

Kedar is the second Son of Ishmael, The origin of our Prophet Muhmmad(pbuh)

Kedar is also synonymous with all of Arabia in general, as in Ezekiel

"Arabia, and all the princes of Kedar.."[Ezekiel, 27:21]

Jesus prophesied Kingdom of God shall given to Another Nation

"Therefore Say I unto you, The kingdom of God shall be taken from you, and given a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof"[matthew 21:43]

Indeed its the Nation of Arab what God promised in Genesis, 17:20

Jews and Christians really think that God gave false promise to Ishmael?? Are they think God is liar??

Bible have several Clear prophecy of Prophet Muhammad and Arabia... In another thread we may discuss about it

Source(s): @ New Muslim
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

We has no right to judge other ..Just Allah (God) has the right to judge other..

Show forgiveness, speak for justice and avoid the ignorant." Quran chapter 7, Verse 199

Its mean be just and only bother about justice and not the opinions of the ignorants; let them speak of you as being the worst person, but never act in unfairness.

****************** ****************** ******************** ********************* *******************

Does Islam really allow the killing of innocent unbelievers?

Let us look at Noble Verses 9:28-29 "O ye believe! Truly the pagans are unclear; so let them not, after this year of theirs, approach the Sacred Mosque. And if ye fear povery, soon will Allah enrich you, if He wills, out of His bounty, For Allah is All-Knowing, All-Wise.

Fight those who believe not in Allah nor the last day, nor hold that forbidden which hath been forbidden by Allah and His Messenger, nor acknowledge the religion of truth, from among the people of the book, until they pay the Jizya with willing submission, and feel themselves subdued."

Let us look at Noble Verse 9:5 "Then, when the sacred months have passed, slay the idolaters wherever ye find them, and take them (captive), and besiege them, and prepare for them each ambush. But if they repent and establish worship and pay the poor-due, then leave their way free. Lo! Allah is Forgiving, Merciful."

As we clearly see in the above Noble Verses, the laws of killing the unbelievers or the pagans were for particular and specific times, and not for all times and all places. Notice the quotes "...after this year..." and "...when the sacred months have passed...".

It is important to know that when Prophet Muhammad peace be upon him started preaching Islam, he had to deal with 360 Arab pagan tribes at first, and he and his followers had to go through a lot of battles that were imposed upon them by the pagans who were threatened by the new System and Wonderful Religion of Islam.

Noble Verses that deal with peace:

"Fight in the cause of God those who fight you, but do not transgress limits; for God loveth not transgressors. (The Noble Quran, 2:190)"

"On that account: We ordained for the Children of Israel that if any one slew a person - unless it be for murder or for spreading mischief in the land - it would be as if he slew the whole people: and if any one saved a life, it would be as if he saved the life of the whole people. Then although there came to them Our apostles with clear signs, yet, even after that, many of them continued to commit excesses in the land. (The Noble Quran, 5:32)"

"Those who invoke not, with God, any other god, nor slay such life as God has made sacred except for just cause, nor commit fornication; - and any that does this (not only) meets punishment. (But) the Penalty on the Day Of Judgement will be doubled To him, and he will dwell Therein in ignominy. (The Noble Quran, 25:68-69)"

"But if the enemy incline towards peace, do thou (also) incline towards peace, and trust in God: for He is One that heareth and knoweth (all things). (The Noble Quran, 8:61)"

"If thou dost stretch thy hand against me, to slay me, it is not for me to stretch my hand against thee to slay thee: for I do fear God, the cherisher of the worlds. (The Noble Quran, 5:28)"

"God does not forbid you from showing kindness and dealing justly with those who have not fought you about religion and have not driven you out of your homes. God loves just dealers. (The Noble Quran, 60:8)"

"And fight them until persecution is no more, and religion is for God. But if they desist, then let there be no hostility except against wrongdoers. (The Noble Quran 2:193)"

• 1 decade ago

Thanks for asking about Islam, you'll find many answers through this link:

http://www.thedeenshow.com/newmuslims.php

God bless you

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.