How do you find where someone is employed?

Trying to find a former tenant that left owing a lot or rent, need to find where or if employed, to garnish wages and try to collect some of the rent owed.

3 Answers

  • 1 decade ago

    You cannot garnish someones wages like that. You have to go to court, where they will locate the person and send a summons to appear, and then if the judge sides with you and says the guy has to pay up, then he will have a court order to do so. If he does not comply then you'd have to go back to the judge, who could THEN put out an order to garnish his wages. Otherwise anybody could just call up someones employer and say "hey Joe owes me money, can you please send me some of his check??"

  • 1 decade ago

    I dont think you can,not unless they have left a forwarding address or told you when they were a tenant where they worked. And if they havent provided any friends/family adresses then tbh I dont think theres much you can do.

  • 1 decade ago

    i recommend u

    I hope it will be helpful in resolving your problem keep using

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.