Do Jews believe that Christ and Mohammed are prophets of God?

I am interested to know whether Jews believe that Christ and Mohammed are messengers of God. Any answers?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Jewish answer (along with Sandy K): No

both are irrelevant in Judaism and for Jews.

(and the claim that Jews tried to kill Mohammad and are responsible for the execution of Jesus are laughable - neither claim hold up if you know Roman and Jewish culture and law of the time - and Mohammad couldn't get much right about Jews and Judaism - that's why he got all brassed off when Jews wouldn't accept him as a prophet. He was wrong too often)

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Rabbinical Jews do not believe Christ or Mohammed are prophets of God and are hostile towards them entirely.

• No, we don't. We also do not believe that Jesus was a "false" Messiah - He was just not OUR Messiah. I think most Jews have no opinion about Mohammed.

• 1 decade ago

No. Neither has any relevance whatsoever to Judaism and are not so much as mentioned (any more than Christians or Muslims have opinions and theories about Buddha or Krishna).

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

No, we believe that prophecy was removed from the world with the death of Haggai, Zachariah, and Malachi, and that there have been no prophets since.

(That was about 300 years before Jesus appeared on the scene.)

Source(s): Observant Jew
  • 1 decade ago

Jews believe that Jesus is false Christ.

Jews believe that Mohammed PBUH was not Prophet of God and they attempted to kill him atleast three times.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

as for Judahism, they are both false prophets

both abandoned the Torah laws, and thus, they are false prophets

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I would ask a local rabbi (teacher) instead of the Yahoos at Yahoo. They're in the phone book.

• Kevin7
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

They do not.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

no..

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.