Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 decade ago

what would happen if you starve for two days then eat 1500 cals on one day then starve for the next two days?

I didn't eat for two days and then today had 1500 cals what would happen if I starve again for two days? how long does it take your body to go into starvation mode?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I'm not exactly sure, but starvation is not the way to go if you're trying to diet. When people say "eat less, exercise more" that's really all it takes to lose weight. Your body's basal metabolic functions need most of your calories in a day and if you're active for 30-60 minutes a day, you can very easily burn off the rest. If you starve yourself, your body will adjust for a reduction in caloric intake and will slow metabolic processes, not burn fat. This can take some time, but in the end, you are doing yourself a disservice.

My suggestion: stick to 1500 calories a day, and keep active. Find simple, fun ways to keep active. Starvation sends your body into an autophagic mode wherein your body eats away at muscle tissues as well as fat because these are places where energy is stored in glycogen and fatty acids.

• 1 decade ago

Why are you starving yourself? 1500 calories is a diet, and that is every day. You most likely won't die, but depending on your body metabolism, you could. Humans can survive ON AVERAGE a week without food. Note that I said ON AVERAGE, which means that you could hypothetically be below average. I have never heard of the term starvation mode. Starving yourself is not a good idea, especially if you want to lose weight, because you probably will eat tons when you stop. If you don't stop, you will die. The answer to your question is that you will become very very weak and possibly die. If you want to lose weight get lots of exercise and eat healthy foods.

• 4 years ago

No, based on your top and age, you will possibly in all possibility would desire to consume a minimum of a million,six hundred energy in case you have been exceptionally a lot sedentary! in spite of the undeniable fact that, i does no longer go directly to that determine if your physique is going into ask your self from the unexpected intake of potential. I say get returned to a million,2 hundred as speedy as achievable, in spite of if or no longer it is including a hundred an afternoon or 500 each and every week. that's fairly the quantity your physique needs to function in case you weren't doing any interest by any ability - no longer even sitting! Then, gradually make your some time past to a healthful point between a million,six hundred-2,500. you are able to desire to head by ability of 250s or 100s weekly and video demonstrate your weight jointly as you're doing so. in case you spot a unexpected weight income, do no longer panic, it is in all possibility purely water weight because it takes a minimum of three,500 energy to income a pound. it is provided that the load income's for 2 or 3 weeks consecutively which you ought to hassle. If it is your metabolism you're anxious approximately, all that starvation mode stuff is bullshit. i grew to become into and nevertheless am medically seen anorexic. i grew to become into extremely eating 500 energy an afternoon and one element and now i will consume extra beneficial than 2,000 and nevertheless no longer income ANY weight! each and every week in the past, it took extra beneficial than 2,2 hundred energy to income 0.1kg!

• 1 decade ago

You would disrupt your metabolism and prevent your body and subsequently your mind from fuctionning correctly! This is really not something you should do often! Your body and brain do need to nutrients to fuction properly!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

you get very weak, you will be in starvation mode

• 1 decade ago

go see a doctor, you have an eating disorder.. and btw crash dieting doesnt permanently work, you'll just be doing it forever

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.