Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 1 decade ago

Why would someone name a story book character Pooh?

where along the line was there not somebody to say "ummm fyi, 'pooh' is an unofficial term for human excrement... maybe consider something a little less, say, human excrementy?.."

Favorite Answer

I think A.A. Milne did it on purpose. I mean, that whole thing about Pooh getting stuck in Rabbit's hole just confirms it.

My question is why would Disney publish the following?

http://www.babble.com/CS/blogs/strollerderby/cooki...

j0e

I think he was scorned by a woman named Winnie, and the best way to get back at her was to name a bear after her and by calling her " the Pooh " meaning poop.

Source(s): my own twisted mind

lol...The guy who wrote the storys did it as his son had a teddy bear which he used to call pooh...Well thats what i heard X

They did it so little toddlers would think of poo as a nice thing and so teens could wet their pants laughing.

why not its a cool name and he just a stuffed animal anyways who cares what his name is

• Llen

One word : Skat.

they love Brown* bears~~

because they have a crap sense of humour.