?
Lv 4

How come everybody respect lil wayne but disregard a real rapper TI?

Everybody always say a real artist is emeniem, slick rick, kanye but they always over look TI

12 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

T.I. along with Eminem are probably the 2 best rappers alive. T.I. is my favorite rapper so i dont overlook him, but I think people just like songs that they can bump in their car rather than actually listening to lyrics, cuz if you listen to lil wayne, his lyrics dont even make sense, while T.I. raps about whats going on in his life and what he has done in the past.

Source(s): T.I. is one of the realest and best rappers still going today.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Haha really? T.I. gets way more respect than Lil Wayne does.

T.I. isn't bad for a Southern rapper, but he's nothing really special, he just makes pop-rap songs that you'll hear on the radio and he'll sell records, but he's not lyrically gifted or anything like that.

Source(s): I'm ANGRY!
  • 1 decade ago

TI isn't overlooked, he's actually acknowledged amongst the top hip hop artist (now and tomorrow) along with others like Rakim, Eminem, Melle Mel, KRS-One, Big Pun, Jay Z, Nas, Dr. Dre, and snoop dogg.

in the book various artist comment on the artist and wat they brang to the table.

t.i. honestly the guy talented, has good pronunciation, uses a considerable amount of words, and spit multi's with a fury. but he's also a petty rapper, with that along, dude suppose to be really spitting on a higher level. but most of his material is aimed at bragging, talking down to the listeners, hood politics, dry threats, murder, money cars and lesbians . he's loke a better pimp c but pimp c can touch people alot better.

it's like with wayne, for them to be so talented but not talk about anything relevant that pushes the scale, is retarded. which why most people don't understand them and look at them puzzling.

honestly KING was almost a classic, cause he rapped to a concept. but his last release was a wreck. due to the fact it was too commercial. like carter 3 it was aimed at making hits not aimed at stunning or wowing their audience.

T.I. is a better rapper then most of his competitors which gives him a lil leverage, and honestly he may not be as good of a wordsmith as wayne. but if them too got into it, T.I. would win.

T.I. not overlooked (come on dogg he went platinum in a gold market) it's just that he is too petty. dude could be really competing.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

T.I. Is Better Than lil Wayne... That's ABout All i Can Say About Him lol He's Still Not A Good Rapper. I Do Like That One Track "Dead And Gone" Tho.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Too me they're all the same (mainstream southern rappers) They both talk about nothing of substance and the guy was right about southern rappers Good beats crappy lyrics and always using that A A A crap in their songs. Too me they're one and the same. They both studio gangstas who both took plea deals to save their asses.

• ?
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

I made a record of one hundred a whilst in the past took like quarter-hour one million. Rakim two. Nas three. Lupe Fiasco four. Talib Kweli five. Mos Def 6. Common 7. Black Thought eight. Elzhi nine. Blu 10. GZA eleven. RZA 12. Method Man thirteen. Redman 14. Ghostface Killa 15. Raekwon the Chef sixteen. MF DOOM 17. MURS 18. Thurzday 19. Y-O 20. Ice Cube 21. Dr. Dre 22. Zumbai 23. The Game 24. Slick Rick 25. Kool G Rap 26. Q-Tip 27. Malik B 28. Saigon 29. Canibus 30. AZ 31. Prodigy 32. Evidence 33. Consequence 34. Freeway 35. Andre 3000 36. Big Boi 37. Phonte 38. Big Pooh 39. Jay Electronica forty. Wale forty one. Mickey Factz forty two. B.O.B forty three. Charles Hamilton forty four. T3 forty five. Baatin forty six. Eminem forty seven. Phat Kat forty eight. Guilty Simpson forty nine. Danny Brown 50. Aesop Rock fifty one. Eyedea fifty two. Edan fifty three. Brother Ali fifty four. Sage Francis fifty five. Slug fifty six. Adeem fifty seven. Immortal Technique fifty eight. Lauryn Hill fifty nine. Jean Grae 60. Royce Da five'nine sixty one. Reks sixty two. Guru sixty three. Jay Z sixty four. Phoroah Monch sixty five. Kanye West sixty six. El-P sixty seven. Rhymefest sixty eight. Mr. Lif sixty nine. 810 70. Fashawn seventy one. Curren$y seventy two. Vinnie Paz seventy three. Ludacris seventy four. Styles P seventy five. Busta Rhymes seventy six. Black Milk seventy seven. Sean Price seventy eight. GLC seventy nine. Jadakiss eighty. Crooked I eighty one. Joe Budden eighty two. Joel Ortiz eighty three. Ice T eighty four. Killer Mike eighty five. T.I. 86. Bun B 87. MF Grimm 88. Cormega 89. Scarface ninety. Corey Gunz ninety one. Big Tone ninety two. Strong Arm Steady ninety three. K'naan ninety four. Quasimoto ninety five. Twista ninety six. Chamillionaire ninety seven. DMX ninety eight. Jay Rock ninety nine. Wordsworth one hundred.and final however definately no longer least KRS-One

• 1 decade ago

Because TI is a typical average southern rapper, he has good production, bad lyrics and a good hook. He really only makes club music and that's really all he can do.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I don't associate lil wayne as a rapper. He's a disgrace to music.

I think T.I is a good enuf rapper and doesn't get the attention he deserves. Some will disagree but that's just my opinion

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I don't respect Lil Wayne, TI has some catchy tunes but I can't say he's that good...

• 1 decade ago

TI is just an average south rapper, nothing special about him.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.