Lin asked in Society & CultureLanguages · 1 decade ago

how do you guys call this in english?

I am learning English,but i met wiht this problem, help please!!!and thank you ahead of time.

There is this kind or road for people to walk only,but it is underground, vehicles cant go. is it called a subway? but there is no metro in there. just for people to walk. here is a picutre.

thank you for helping me.

6 Answers

  • Ridney
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

    It's not a subway, because, as you said, there is no metro.

    I'm sure there's a name for it, but nothing comes to mind. Just call it "underground walkway," and everyone will understand.

  • 1 decade ago

    i live in north america, or the U.S. and im american, and i never saw these before. if its underground its a metro or subway, but u said vehicles dont go there, and people walk there, so i dont know

  • 1 decade ago

    underground pedestrian walkway?

    or underground path?

    or walking tunnel?

    I don't think there's a specific word for those. :)

  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

    An "underpass" in UK english

  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

    they just call it a walkway or tunnel

  • 1 decade ago

    stalker's hideout, you can say.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.