Whats the easiest way to get underneath my car without spending a lot of money?

Basically I'm installing a few things on my car, and some of these installations require under the vehicle access. Now I don't have access to a car ramp or axle stands and I don't want to pay a mechanic to use there's or to do the install for me. My idea is as follows: Find a deserted bit of land... show more Basically I'm installing a few things on my car, and some of these installations require under the vehicle access. Now I don't have access to a car ramp or axle stands and I don't want to pay a mechanic to use there's or to do the install for me.

My idea is as follows: Find a deserted bit of land and build a small ramp out of bricks (kind of like how a kerb is raised of the road - but higher, and on both sides for 2 pairs of wheels). Once I've driven my car onto the self-erected ramp I should be able to get the handbrake on and secure it properly before getting underneath on my knee's. This would allow a lot more light to get in so I can see what I'm doing, but what are the complications and what precautions should I consider? If Police caught me doing this what sort of trouble could I get into? Any better ideas?

(I plan to ignore people who tell me to get it done professionally. I'm not spending upwards of £1000 on labour to install s**t that I could do in a couple of days myself.)