Would the Mormons get upset if I opened a paint shop in Salt Lake City called ‘Latter Day Paints’?

Favorite Answer

LOL! Not at all, that's hilarious! Although, judging from your question, I assume you're LDS? Because if you're not, you'll be getting a lot of people assuming you are a Mormon shop.

I think it's actually pretty clever.

Source(s): mormon for 25 years

As a Mormon, I burst out laughing when I read this question. I'm sure there would be a small minority that would be all in a huff about it, but I think the vast majority would think it's hilarious. However, I think there is one called that. It's not in SLC, though. However, they might get confused when they find out you're not a Mormon (if you're not, I have no idea). There's lots of cleverish names like that. There's actually a bar called the Tavernacle. I don't think too many of us are offended. It's mostly when you're out spitting on people leaving the temple they get really offended.

It wold be better if you opened a paint shop which is call "Latter Day Paints in Lot's Wife"

I would bet you 2 to 1 odds that there already *is* one named that. It sounds like a name they would easily use. I have seen dozens of similar names used. They do not think that is mean, they would think it was funny and they also are flattered when you do not use the "Mormon" word and instead use "LDS" even if only for jokes.

• HAHA! That's hilarious. To put even more of a spin on it, call it 'Ladder Day Paints'. It has less of an affiliation but it's still obvious what you mean. If somebody doesn't before me, I'm going to have to.

Hahaha, they might, but *I* think it's a great name for a paint shop in Salt Lake City.

They would probably like it and think it is cute. There are lots of Mormon Temples and Mormon photos in the gallery section of this website which gives examples of paintings that their customers have purchased

http://www.latterdayoilpaints.com/

http://www.latterdayoilpaints.com/gallery.html

There is a techno group called "Utah Saint" they did the song for Mortal Combat the movie.

Because of your fantastic creativity and play on words, you'd probably be inundated with LDS people wanting to buy paint!

couscous here pussy pussy