Utley, Polanco, Happ, Madson, Ruiz....the list continues to grow. How much will this affect the Phillies?

Utley and Polanco are down...give me your analysis.

That's actually the first thing that came to mind when I heard the news about Utley and Polanco, Abstract. lol.

I think they can survive without Utley, mainly because they basically already have been. Utley hasn't been himself all season. And I like Wilson Valdez a lot. Is he a Chase Utley? No. But he's about as good a utility infielder as anyone.

As for Polanco, I think that's really going to hit hard. Greg Dobbs just isn't that good.

Favorite Answer

Just like with the Mets last year, eventually they'll reach a MAX point, and the season will be shut down. Wilson Valdez was a Met last year, he is a good fielder, but if he fell out of a tree I don't think he can HIT the ground.

Utley played like he's in pain, ARod too, just look at his face when hes on the field, it'll tell you something.

Injuries can kill a team.

Source(s): Mets' fan..

Interesting. I basically agree with what everyone has said already. While some of these are true some also can be argued like : Carols Ruiz or Bengie Molina , Jimmy Rollins or Jose Reyes , and the Closers. Also no disrespect to Johan Santana hes a hell of a pitcher but Roy Halladay is regarded as one of the best if not the best pitcher in baseball so that's a little iffy to. Also , like the goof ball up there mentioned the Mets starting pitching has a lot of questions to be answered, Redding I think is legit, he just dominates the Phils(I don't know how well he does against other opponents). Johan Santana will be his normal self if healthy. I see them being competitive but not going to over take my Phillies =D EDIT: "Go Mets , Go knicks" - The reason I would have to think Brad has a chance to be better then K-Rod would be because he's be known to have up year then down year and I would think that , that's the reason she mentioned it. It's not like were taking a blast from the past and talking as if these were the glory days. EDIT: Also, the Phillies also have something that stats can't prove and that's , character , leadership , and they know how to come up big when it count's. The Mets are generally known as chokers so unless they come up big when they need to I will still look at them as chokers. So I think that's what a lot of people look at when determining who's the better team not just stats. Also remember what your owner said about them last year and not having any type of leader? Just sayin.

Placido Polanco - One of the best third basemen in the NL, and the best fielding third basemen in the NL. He's a tough guy to lose especially if his elbow is going to bother him for a long time, hopefully he's okay.

Chase Utley - Nobody is really sure yet about how serious his thumb is, he can miss weeks or months..hopefully just weeks. Wilson Valdez grounds into a lot of DP but he's a guy who's stepped up big time as a utility infielder.

J.A Happ - Had a rehab start today and gave up 2 runs, not so good but he should be back soon and I think anything is better than Kendrick.

Carlos Ruiz - I heard he's ready to play but has to wait for the 15 days to be up.

The rest of the guys are very important and should be ready after the All Star break.

This is a deep squad, I'm not worried. I mean, look what happened tonight. Utley and Polanco go down and our guys pick up the slack and get the 9-6 win. Plus, Madson and Happ should be back soon and Utley and Polonco's injuries don't look too bad. And if your really try to make a positive out of a negative, this break may be what Utley needs to break out.

• I think it'll affect your team somewhat. As long as it's not Roy Halladay or Ryan Howard. The Phillies should be fine. Chase Utley is somewhat of a loss.

Look at what the Red Sox are doing without Pedrioa and Martinez, they are still winning even without their biggest players.

Just remind yourself every-time the Phillies have an injured player that they can still win games... just as long as they don't lost their two main players.

Simple. Your team is suffering from the Sports Illustrated cover jinx. They picked you to win the World Series this year, just as they did us last year. Of course you know what happened to the 2009 Mets. It's about time people start believing lol.

Now you know how it feels to be a Mets fan, last year was sooo frustrating, ahh. Anyway I think they will be fine when you have an entire line up of all stars, two guys out won't hurt you that bad.

• I feel for your team right now. But there's a reason why they been in the Playoffs the last 3 years. I think they will bounce back from this.

Won tonight they won 9 to 6 however they will not toughen things out without them this likely won't get them in the playoffs but this may at least 2nd place If they are at their Best the braves are a team they can't beat but the Mets, Marlins, and Nationals they can beat them, If only the play their maybe a Wild Card but the Division the Braves will beat them to it.

The same thing that happened last year to the Mets, once you'll reach a limit where things just aren't going to happen. No one can compete with all those injuries.