Easton asked in PetsDogs · 10 years ago

my yorkie pup is three mo old and her ears still arent standing up..she is a.k.c reg?

the breeder told me try taping them...

• Jessi
    Best Answer

Just because your yorkie pup is a.k.c registered doesn't have anything to do with her ears. Our neighbor has a yorkie that is registered and one of his ears is up, the other is down.

I have two Yorkie one has ears that stand up and the other one had the ears down you probably bought like a teddy bear faced Yorkie

She's in teething stage. Teething effects the ears, so they may go up and down while the dog is teething. A reputable breeder would have shown you how to trim the hair properly on the ear tip to help prevent excessive weight from making the ears drop while the dog is teething.

It's a three month old Yorkshire Terrier. They aren't considered adults until they are 3 years old. I really wouldn't worry about it at this point. Not all Yorkies have erect ears. I have seen some with semi-erect ears.

Being AKC registered & a quality dog are 2 entirely different things. Just being a registered dog doesn't mean dog is quality bred - only dog is purebred. I've groomed plenty of yorkies whose ears didn't stand or weighed 20+ lb with papers.

Give your puppy more time, some of them just don't stand up until later. If they don't start going up soon then tape them.

Source(s): Show, own and train dogs.

well my dog is part chihuahua and his ears were still kinda floppy at 4 months. and now hes 2 yrs old and their standing:)

Source(s): my puppy