What degree would be best to work with people that have syndromes; ex. Tourette syndrome, Down syndrome etc...?

I have tourette syndrome and would like to work with others that have different kinds of syndromes that might be more severe or just need outside help dealing with their syndrome. I know what I want to do but I am not sure what degree if any would be right to get started on this path. I assume it would habe to be something in the health field obviously but just do not know what. Thanks for any answers.

1 Answer

  • ExeneC
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

    If your interest is in helping people with special needs live as independently as possible, you probably want to go in the direction of social work, public health, perhaps developmental psychology and/or child development. You could also go into medicine (neurology, genetics), neuroscience, biomedical research, nursing, physical/occupational therapy.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.