How do you tell someone they have bad breath?

We know that each day, each of you, come across tons of interesting, fun, and random questions on Yahoo! Answers. So after searching through YOUR fantastic questions, we’ve decided to pack our bags and hit the streets to find the answers to a few of your questions.

Stay tuned for more questions and videos: http://yanswersblog.com/

Here's the correct link for more blog info:

http://yanswersblog.com/index.php/archives/2010/06...

Check out the video for Answers Hits the streets here: http://yanswersblog.com/index.php/archives/2010/06...

2,001 Answers

• janet
    Best Answer

Ok, first make sure you really are interested in telling them and not just being mean. If you really are telling them because you really do care, just take them aside, and say "I just wanted to let you know that you're just like me -- we occasionally have bad breath! Here's what I've found that helps." Then give them mints, gum, or mouthwash. Then I'd add, "The only reason I'm telling you this is that someone once told me the same thing and i realized how much it helped me." That way the person isn't as embarrassed as they could be.

2

• A F

Why do you want to tell them? If they just annoy you step back a step and turn your head on an angle and mind your business. If they are your child or close friend you would know the best approach. Child still young honey you need to brush your teeth and use mouthwash because you are growing up and it is important to have nice fresh breath. Grown up child hon this is something only your mama will tell you. Sometimes (even if always) your breath has a scent. Are you having a gum or tooth problem or is it from sinuses? If a friend you are really concerned about Lee there's something you probably won't want to hear but it is important because it affects the way people who don't know what a great person you are think about you. There's this breath odor that makes a bad first impression. Lots of times people find that is from a sinus infection or a gum problem. I'm sorry but I know you'd want to know. (followed by a hug). Hubby/wife/lover Babe we have got to do something about our breath 'cause sometimes when we kiss I can almost taste the two of them together and I only want to taste you. Another possibility is I was reading this thing about sinus and bad breath. I didn't know post nasel drip (or whatever ) did that did you? It even says - and go on to tell what it says./ If you can find an article about some famous person with the problem so much betetr. Try a net search.

• Sarah

1. Give them gum or a mint

2.Ask them if YOUR breath smells. After they answer, there's a good chance they'll ask you about THEIR breath.

3.Don't just shout it out or draw any attention possible, just perhaps give them a small hint to show them you mean well.

4.you could pass him a breath mint every now and then. In most cases, people will tend to catch onto such an obvious and yet not harassing hint. This will ensure that they will not get defensive and they will recognize it as a problem that needs to be resolved.

5.Be honest. With some people you really do need to be blunt and honest with them. Sometimes there isn't a way to tiptoe around the subject. It can be hard to tell a friend that their breath smells, but if you phrase it so that you're showing empathy and just helping them out - it's possible they will just appreciate it.

BLESS THIS WORLD O LORD!!! People in their daily lifestyles forget to groom themselves properly.AMong all those odds that we face during we meet people in general,bad odour from mouth is the most common of all.Moreover enlightening to the person that he or she has got a bad odour as if there are dozen mice dead in your mouth from the last millenium is as tough a job as pecking of a Woodland shoe by a woodpecker!!!And Imagine if you are talking to a person of high prestige or your boss, for instance how would you like to share with him about his mouth which stinks so badly.

First of all let me tell that it also depends on person to person how one feels for others, does he want to hurt the next person or just sway away the matter in a normal chit-chat.It has become more of an insult in the modern society to notice from some other person or may be a stranger that one has bad air in his mouth because it has become a trend for the people to note these things with disdain.Though if it becomes too obnoxious then you are not left with any option but to tell!!!

Following are some steps you may like to incorporate in your already obtained reviews and all--->

1.Although ignoring is not a solution but should be tried to an extent if possible.Note that the person doesnt actually feels the way you do for his mouth LOL.

2.Strike his brain with an advertisement..Like hey jack i wonder whether you saw the new bubblegum advertisement launched a few days before.I wish you would like to try a pack oh sorry 5 packets(At least let them last for a month ;))

3.You can suggest a tongue-cleaner to him.

4.Explore his mouth and say that" I think you are going to get an ulcer shortly...It would be wise for you to speak less at least try to speak less!!!

5.Make a kinda disguisting face(without letting him expose the folly out) just to make him think that there is something wrong with him today...

6.Turn the angle that you face makes with the other persons' face and talk.

Hope this helps you and before telling others do ensure that you've got a good breath!

Source(s): Me , all by myself!!!

At some point in time we have all had bad breath. Luckily for most of us, this is just a brief moment and can be cured by a stick of gum. Other people are not so lucky and often walk around polluting the air with foul breath.

if it's during school write this on a piece of paper and give to that person

you hvae bad btaeh it says you have bad breath or this one

uoy evah dab htaerb which is just spelling the words backwards

excuse me do you want some gum/a mint i have heaps

Step back and with a smile say "Wheew, did you forget to brush your teeth this morning?"

More than likely they didn't, this will make them self conscious of breath, and they will do some investigating and find ways to improve the foul green aura that goes forth from between the lips.

Most importantly, you give them the opportunity to admit they were in a rush that morning, even though they really brushed. And by directly but jokingly making the breath an issue, they can't walk away and think your nice because you offered them gum or mints.

If this doesn't work, give them a card from your dentist, offer them help. No one wants to be the bad breath guy!

When they are talking start looking around with a weird look on your face then say "do you smell something" Kidding XD

Usually the person is semi aware they have bad breath at the moment but cant do anything about it because asking for gum...means talking. My advice... DONT tell them... I know that when I have bad breath (and know it) I don't want other people pointing out something I was trying so hard to hide. When people don't say nothing I figure I did a good job... just like if you had been sweating and you KNOW it smells bad.. a jacket helps some... but you don't want people telling you something you already know right?

Though... it would be nice to casually offer somebody with horrible breath a piece of gum...

Source(s): I been throught this once XD or twice....

One way to let a person know that they have bad breath is by telling one of their close friends or relatives. Most of the time people are not as offended when someone close tells them about their bad breath. If you feel as though you are close enough to that person, then you could possibly be the one to break the bad breath news. Obviously, anytime someone is told that they have bad breath, it is not always a pleasant time nor will that person always respond positively, but at least they know it and they can find ways to solve the problem.

A second way to let a person know that they have bad breath, just go up to them or near them and say “wow, something smells like garlic, is it you?” Moreover, hopefully they will get the hint that their breath is not the best. By saying that, you are not directly saying your breath is horrible, but at the same time, you are sending a message.

A third way to let a person know that they have bad breath is through email. It is a lot easier to get a message across that is unflattering without having face-to-face contact. Just make sure not to try to be funny, but more serious and respectful in the e-mail.

Lastly, there are some online services out there such as http://www.badbreathogram.com/ that allows you to pay a small fee to send an anonymous message to someone letting them know that they have bad breath. Whichever way you choose to tell that person, just ensure you are being respectful and understanding at the same. Try to picture someone telling you that you have bad breath and how you would react.

The best way to sympathize with a person who has bad breath is to understand the possible reasons why. One of the main reasons is poor hygiene, such as not brushing and flossing enough or correctly, which leaves food to decay in that person’s teeth.

Same thing most said, give em some gum but that's the easy way to do it without them knowing ur agenda. One time I was working and a lady I work with pulled me aside n said "here I brought u this (special deodorant) u were working last time n u had an odor, i ts probably cuz u get really hot working on the truck back there, ur like one of my sons so that's y I'm telling u this" I said ok, cuz I know I can get pretty sweaty n hot doing what I do. So telling someone nicely is good.

• Remy

Sometimes it's just better not to say anything because bad breath doesn't last too long. You could just offer them gum casually. If it's a friend, this is rather easy to accomplish. If it's someone you don't know too well, just refrain from saying anything because odds are you won't be in close contact with them for too long.

If it was a sister or a brother, it's easy just to say "You have bad breath." mainly because it's a sibling.

I saw that someone said to send an annonymous email. This wouldn't help at all because if it's annonymous, anyone with brains wouldn't open and read it. Also, it's on an email, how do you know if their breath still smells? And it isn't effecting you so just forget about it.