My dog has Heart failure. What should I do?

The vet told me my dog has/may have heart failure. She first thought it was a collapsed trachea, but sent the x rays for a second opinion. They told her it looks like heart failure. I have read up on heart failure, and pretty much all you can do is put them on meds. She is 14 yrs old. I want to know what I should... show more The vet told me my dog has/may have heart failure. She first thought it was a collapsed trachea, but sent the x rays for a second opinion. They told her it looks like heart failure. I have read up on heart failure, and pretty much all you can do is put them on meds. She is 14 yrs old. I want to know what I should do. Is it worth putting them on meds till they just die? What would you do if this was your dog?
Update: The vet wants to put her on some new meds cause she has fluid in her lungs. She coughs, gags, all of that stuff. I don't know if she is in pain or not. The vet wants her to take the new meds then go see her in a week.
Update 2: She has started throwing up, for 2 days now. I feed her in the moning. With her pills (the water pill) and about 30 mins later she throws up. all the food and pills. I told the vet, when she throw up the first time. She didn't say anything about it. Could this be from the meds or is it something to do with the... show more She has started throwing up, for 2 days now. I feed her in the moning. With her pills (the water pill) and about 30 mins later she throws up. all the food and pills. I told the vet, when she throw up the first time. She didn't say anything about it. Could this be from the meds or is it something to do with the heart failure???!!!