Do you think The Beatles are overrated?

I'm sure you'd have different opinions if you watched my video

Favorite Answer

How can a band that accomplished the following(see below)be called overrated:

The Beatles inspired other artists and bands to write their own songs,They changed the artist/producer relationship in the studio,They changed the way music was made in the studio,They made an impact on pop culture that's being felt even as we speak,They made it fashionable for men to have long hair,They changed the way people perceive rock groups by not having the standard front man with backing group,They redefined what it meant to be an international celebrity,They inspired other musicians to use certain instruments and music companies to make instruments,They inspired other bands and artists to speak their minds about the relevant issues of the day,They helped to change the perception of the rock album from being a collection of songs to a work of art,They unofficially made english the language of rock and roll(thus inspiring many overseas musicians to learn english),Lennon and McCartney were among the 1st songwriters to have a stake in the publishing of their songs,They helped to inspire other rock groups to create their own record labels,They brought the music of india to the west by being the 1st Western musical act to use Indian instruments on their records,They were the ones who created music videos(though other artists like Queen,MJ,and Duran Duran perfected the art form.They used the blueprints the beatles drew up!),One of the 1st acts to take a stand for civil rights

Need i go on...

I think this quote from The Compleat Beatles says it better than I ever could:"It must be stoically accepted that The Beatles were in the end a phenomenon of the 60's,the 70's and beyond were only to feel their influence."

It's been almost 50 years since The Beatles came out and 40 years since they broke up and The Beatles are still remembered,talked about,and still influencing artists to this day!

Now to elaborate on how The Beatles took a stand on civil rights:In September of 1964,The Beatles were giving a concert in Jacksonville,FL at The Gator Bowl,Well word had gotten out to The Beatles that the audience at the concert was going to be segregated,Well The Beatles and Brian Epstein sent a letter to the venue owners stating that if this was the case that they could have their money back and that The Beatles would boycott the performance,Of course racially separating the audience was never planned,but it said a lot about The Beatles to take such a stand!Also on that same tour,at a stop in Philadelphia,The Beatles were dismayed to find the entire audience for that show(13,000)were all white!

If anyone is overrated it's The Jonas Brothers and all the other Disney artists!

They needed a mouse to get famous for pete's sake!

Also all the boy bands,teen pop acts,and teen idols are overrated as well because all they did was sell millions of dollars worth of merchandise,records,concert,and movie tickets and didn't make an impact outside of a commercial one!

Source(s): You know you don't exactly inspire credibility with a Rick Astley avatar right?Considering the fact that he only had one or two hit songs.I mean what has he done lately.The only thing he'll be remembered for is the one or two songs and that's it,its not like he did an album that not only made millions of dollars,but also changed the face of the cultural landscape forever!I'm talking of course about Sgt.Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band,Rick never did an album like that!

Any band that has had the staying vigour of The Beatles, can't be regarded as hyped up. Some persons won't like The Beatles and are worn out of listening to whatever to do with them, however that does not cause them to hyped up both.The Beatles would write exceptional songs and the ones songs are nonetheless blanketed through band at present. They would additionally sing very good and had a aura approximately them. The Beatles is also the Beethoven or Mozart of our iteration and survive eternally within the tune international.

Overrated? Big in their day? Some of you people are truly clueless.

Like them or not, The Beatles changed the face of humanity forever.

Yes, the timing of their debut and existence did contribute to this impact, as it could not have been more perfect. But you can say this about nearly every world changer.

You may not like or listen to the music of Mozart, but to call him "overrated" is ludicrous. Same for The Beatles, though their impact on music is probably far greater than that of Mozart or any of the classical masters.

Simply put, your favorite bands would simply not exist if not for The Beatles.

In all honesty, I think that their popularity was very overrated. I mean sure no one has seen British bands and all before 1960 but come on here! there were WAY better bands than the Beatles around that time like The Kinks, The Rolling Stones, The Who, etc. But, of course, the Beatles overshadowed them i guess. I mean they were great too! I'll give the Beatles credit for influencing a lot of artists musically but the point is that they were so over hyped and so like out there that i feel like they over shadowed a lot more talent that could have also, and eventually did, become music stars.

Hopefully this made sense...

What a lame question !

And somebody wants to put the Jonas Brothers

in the same level as The Beatles ?

In 20 years the Jonas Brothers will be a faint memory,

and "Who, what brothers ?" in 40 years !

Explore more music in all styles and you will see that

they were exceptional and deserve the praise and

accolades that they receive !

This question is a bit like taking a modern artist and comparing with one from the renaissance.

The Beatles are highly regarded because they changed the face of music forever. They were and continue to be extremely influential. Comparing with modern bands is pointless as tastes have changed since the 60s.

Sony has blocked me from watching that video. bastards.

Anyway, no I don't think they're overrated. I'm not really a fan of the Beatles, *gasp* ,but I can still see the influence they've had on music. What I do hate is all the people who blindly say they're Beatles fans and rock the shirts and stuff without any knowledge of their catalog

ok ask me this... what band has had 5 albums in the top 5 at the same time? The Beatles... and that feat has never been matched

Nope and this question is getting so boring. If they were over-rated would people still be talking about them 40 years after they broke up?

• Peepaw

Not at all. They opened the door for bands that followed them. Imagine what todays music would be like if not for them.

Music changed forever after they began.