Why isnt my bank of america debit card working for atm in japan?

i called bank of america yesterday and told them i was in japan. the lady said i should be fine to take out money. today i went to a post office and i couldnt take out money. i also went to a 7-11 atm and i couldnt take out money. what the f is wrong with bank of america? if they are not the problem, what... show more i called bank of america yesterday and told them i was in japan.
the lady said i should be fine to take out money.
today i went to a post office and i couldnt take out money.
i also went to a 7-11 atm and i couldnt take out money.
what the f is wrong with bank of america? if they are not the problem, what is?
ive been penniless for the last few days, in JAPAN of all places. someone please help me.
Update: @tokyo e:i dont think its because im trying to take out too much. the first time i tried to take out only 5000 yen, and it didnt work. i have at least 200 dollars in my bank accoutn, which would help me last very well until i leave. so it made no sense that i couldnt take out just 5000 yen, which is basically... show more @tokyo e:i dont think its because im trying to take out too much. the first time i tried to take out only 5000 yen, and it didnt work. i have at least 200 dollars in my bank accoutn, which would help me last very well until i leave. so it made no sense that i couldnt take out just 5000 yen, which is basically around 50 dollars. i tried a few more times, and at a 7-11 atm, i tried 10,000 yen, but still didnt work. so its not that im going over the limit. the 7-11 atm told me my card was invalid, which doesnt make sense since on my debit card, it says until april 2013.i dont know what my daily withdrawl limit is;maybe its pretty low that i cant even take out 5000yen, so im going to try to take out 1000 yen at least next time. another thing is my friend, who is also from america, was perfectly fine when he did it at an atm that wasnt post office or 7-11 that didnt work for me. the difference would be that he is citizen of us while i am not.
Update 2: and yeah im definitely taking travelers checks next time.
im in kashiwa, chiba prefecture btw. its about 30min train ride to ueno, and all my atm trials have been in kashiwa, as well as my friend. while he was successful all the time, i was not.
Update 3: i dont have a star or cirrus symbol on the back of my card
Update 4: i should be able to take out money without a problem, but i cant.
Update 5: @bluemoon 1.a possibility. 2.pin is correct for sure. 3.they havent given me any notice that its suspended 4.i have at least 200 dollars in account 5.the card i received worked before back in america. also mailed by BofA 6.im doing the operation in English. its definitely not wrong. 7.im taking out only a... show more @bluemoon
1.a possibility.
2.pin is correct for sure.
3.they havent given me any notice that its suspended
4.i have at least 200 dollars in account
5.the card i received worked before back in america. also mailed by BofA
6.im doing the operation in English. its definitely not wrong.
7.im taking out only a small amount.
8.probably yeah
Update 6: i need a star/cirrus symbol for it to work on atms??