What does the WORD kanji mean?

Okay so i watch alot of japanese shows. Actually, i only watch japanese shows and dramas and listen to japanese music. and i guess ive been exposed to the language so much that i actually recognize almost all of the words i hear now. Its just that i dont know what alot of them mean because ive never bothered to... show more Okay so i watch alot of japanese shows. Actually, i only watch japanese shows and dramas and listen to japanese music. and i guess ive been exposed to the language so much that i actually recognize almost all of the words i hear now. Its just that i dont know what alot of them mean because ive never bothered to look them up :( Anyway, ive decided to look up all the new words i hear from now on so that now i can actually know what they mean. Starting with the word "Kanji" now im not talking about the writing system that focuses on meaning instead of spelling, atleast i dont think so, i mean i heared people say this word about 4 times today alone and i wasnt watching any educational shows xD Anyway, can you please tell me what this word means so i can write it down for future references? Thank you!  ありがとう^_^
Update: @thecheapest901 im so sorry for not saying the situation but i mostly watch raw japanese stuff (no subtitles) so i really have no idea whats going on most of the time. Anyway the word might actually mean ”in kanji" since i hear people say "de" after it most of the time. Or maybe the word is actually... show more @thecheapest901 im so sorry for not saying the situation but i mostly watch raw japanese stuff (no subtitles) so i really have no idea whats going on most of the time. Anyway the word might actually mean ”in kanji" since i hear people say "de" after it most of the time. Or maybe the word is actually Kanjide. This is confusing :(
Update 2: @TokyoE thanks
Update 3: Also one of the times the girl was waving a fish flag (dont ask) and she said "Sakidori no kanji de"
9 answers 9