Anti-Racists all support Portugal on this one, don't you agree?

Spain has a huge problem with racism in football. The authorities do nothing, the attitude among fans that aren't making monkey chants or throwing bananas at black players, is apathetic and blasé at best, and proud at worst. The worst is that even on here, no SPaniard will admit to this problem. They act... show more Spain has a huge problem with racism in football. The authorities do nothing, the attitude among fans that aren't making monkey chants or throwing bananas at black players, is apathetic and blasé at best, and proud at worst.

The worst is that even on here, no SPaniard will admit to this problem. They act as apologists, saying that this is "found everywhere, all countries do it", or that it's only a few individuals. This is the attitude that enables the problem. Secondly, no it does not happen everywhere to the degree and extreme that it happens in Spain. I tell you, I've lived there many years and I never want to return to a football match there for the rest of my life.

I respect the team and the players, but because of the fans and the football culture there, I am so passionately in support of Portugal right now and I really hope I'm not alone on this.

Spain cannot, and must not, win.
Update: DaVinci: Case and point. Utter denial. Pathetic.
Update 2: Brazilian Atheist: I'm not from the US. In any case, what would be considered simply "not being racist" in the US, you seem to call "political correctness". That's a disgusting dismissal of a serious and real problem.
Update 3: Brazilian Atheist: "Spanish people just being "real" by pelting black players with bananas and taunting them with monkey chants and fascist salutes." They're the "least racist".