Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 10 years ago

What are your top 10 favorite movies?

Please tell me your top ten favorite movies of all time! please tell me what each one is about.

( doesn't have to be long, just a brief sentence) Oh, and please don't repeat! :) thanks!

Update:

no, just your TOP TEN FAVORITE MOVIES OF ALLL TIME! :) thnx

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Not necessarily in any order:

Pulp Fiction - Various seedy underworld types including a boxer (Bruce Willis), hitmen (John Travolta and Samuel L. Jackson), a mob boss (Ving Rhames), the mob boss' wife (Uma Thurman), and an assortment of other weirdos have their lives intersect in Los Angeles.

The Big Lebowski - The Dude has his rug urinated on by a couple henchman looking for a guy with his same name and he goes on a sacred quest to receive restitution for said rug. (Jeff Bridges, John Goodman, John Turturro, Steve Buscemi)

Goodfellas - Years in the lives of a New York mobster and his buddies ( Ray Liotta, Robert DeNiro, Joe Pesci)

The Dark Knight - Batman/Bruce Wayne (Christian Bale) tries to balance his alter egos and battle the Joker (Heath Ledger) for the soul of Gotham City (Michael Caine, Maggie Gyllenhall, Morgan Freeman, Aaron Eckart, Gary Oldman)

Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy - News Anchor Ron Burgundy (Will Ferrell) copes with fame, diversity, the "f word", and women's liberation in 70's San Diego (Paul Rudd, David Koechner, Steve Carell, Cristina Applegate)

The Departed - An undercover cop (Leonardo DiCaprio) and a mob boss' (Jack Nicholson) mole (Matt Damon) try to smoke eathother out in quiet city Boston. (Alec Baldwin, Mark Wahlberg, Martin Sheen)

L.A. Confidential - Three cops in 1950's Los Angeles (Russell Crowe, Guy Pearce, Kevin Spacey) try to untangle a web of murder, sex, and corruption. (James Cromwell, Danny DeVito, Kim Basinger)

Iron Man/Iron Man 2 - The origin and further exploits of one of the coolest superheroes of all time. Tony Stark (Robert Downey Jr.), a billionaire playboy and head of Stark Industries, the world's biggest weapons manufacturer, juggles his alter ego, saving the world, and having a really hot secretary (Gwyneth Paltrow)

The Godfather - The story of the Corleone family and it's patriarch (Marlon Brando) and how his youngest son Michael (Al Pacino) inherited the throne. (James Caan, Robert Duvall, Talia Shire)

Inglourious Basterds - Once upon a time in Nazi occupied France, a group of Jewish American soldiers led by a good ol' boy from Maynardville, TN (Brad Pitt) terrorize the Nazi's with scalping and a huge dude with a baseball bat. (Eli Roth, Diane Kruger)

Hope this helps a little.

Source(s): My noggin
    • Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    10 years ago

1. Titanic

2. Pirates of the Caribbean

3. Beauty and the Beast

4. Catch Me If You Can

5. The Sound of Music

6. The Lion King

7. My Fair Lady

8. You've Got Mail

9. Indiana Jones

10. Star Wars

*After the top 3, they don't go in any particular order.

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

Watch these movies

Orphan was the scariest, most shocking, most sick, and most twisted movie i have ever seen, it is worth watching

I also recommend:

Murderer-A Chinese Horror Movie not very well known in the United States and is a lot like "Orphan"

American Psycho-Very good movie

Shutter Island

The Uninvited

R Point-Korean Horror Movie

A Tale of Two Sisters

Silent Hill-Good Movie

All of these movies listed above got a shocking and sometimes scary twist at the end

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

not necessarily in order:

The Shawshank Redemption - prison break, inspiring story of grace in a 1940s prison

the Lord of the Rings Trilogy

Doubt - Philip Seymour Hoffman and Meryl Streep star in a play-turned-movie about doubt in an abbey

The Prestige - magicians compete in the early 20th century over power, fame and women

The Oceans 11 Trilogy - hilarious dialogue and creative cinematography combine with excellent casting

Forrest Gump - a beautiful story of love and overcoming the odds

Up - :D

i don't know if that's 10 and there's probably so many more i've forgotten, but there you have it!!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 10 years ago

Fight Club- a guy, sick of his life, designs an alternate route thru fighting

Stand by Me- group of friends travel to see a dead body

Ocean's Trilogy- gamblers who steal millions of dollars

Lord of the Rings- quest to destroy an evil ring

Harry Potter 3 & 6- Harry v. Voldemort

Schindler's List- refugee Jewish prison camp

• tizmal
    Lv 5
    10 years ago

these aren't in specific order...

1. pulp fiction--kind of hard to summarize, but the gist of it is john travolta and samuel jackson are hit men trying to recover a valuable briefcase, bruce willis is involved in a side plot...quentin tarantino made a brilliant film, enough said.

2.silence of the lambs--jodie foster is a fledgling fbi agent who has enlisted the help of captured serial killer hannibal lecter (anthony hopkins playing one of my favorite characters ever) to help them catch another seriel killer that is on the loose.

3. goodfellas--based on the true story of henry hill and his life growing up with the mob.

4. the departed--another mob drama, with some twists, great actors in this one (leo dicaprio, jack nicholson, matt damon).

5. let the right one in--a vampire movie, but one of the best ever made.

6. vanilla sky--tom cruise stars as a man who thought he had everything, until a car accident changed his life forever...

7. natural born killers--woody harrelson and juliette lewis star as lovers who are also serial killers on the run...

8. seven--brad pitt and morgan freeman are cops tracking down a killer who is torturing/killing people following the deadly sins.

9. friday--hilarious comedy following a day in the life of craig (ice cube)

and his friend smoky (chris tucker).

10. better off dead--john cusack stars as a teen who thinks his life is over when his girlfriend dumps him...great comedy with a heart.

• twilight. ( vampire love story )

new moon. ( vampire vs. werewolf )

eclipse. ( vampire army )

the notebook. ( old time love story )

desperation. ( horror )

desire under the elms. ( love story )

toy stroy 3. ( talking toys ) lol

thats all i cant think of right now sorry.

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

the notebook

titanic

the exorcist

fightclub

the orphan

the hangover

• 10 years ago

Um... is there a category?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.