meforu1955 asked in HealthDental · 1 decade ago

transfering medicaid part d to another state?

how do i transfer medicare part d from wisconsin to california that pays fr all the prescriptions is there a way or is there an alternative until i can get to come throught do you know.

• Kini
    Favorite Answer

Are you asking about Medicare or Medicaid? Medicaid does not transfer because every state has its own program funding. You must apply in the county of residence. I don't know how it works with Medicare because every region has different insurance plans. Choose Medicare Advantage because that includes Part D so you don't have to get that separately. In California, southern and northern are two separate regions. You should call 1-800-Medicare.

It's obviously viable to do, however it is steeply-priced, principally with fuel charges going up. I moved from CA to Virginia a couple of years in the past, and I had my vehicle shipped out. I'm now relocating again to CA and was once watching at charges once more, and it is among $a million,000-a million,three hundred for my ninety eight Accord. I determined one web site I used to get a host of rates, you can get fairly a couple of of them swiftly. Just seek for "vehicle delivery" or whatever equivalent. The corporations differ in a couple of methods. Some of them maintain your vehicle on one truck from the time it will get loaded in say, CA, till it is unloaded in FL. Others will load it, sell off someplace else, then placed it again on a truck with different vehicles headed to the equal vacation spot. It's as much as you whether or not you desire to take the hazard of whatever going down to it by means of being treated and moved extra commonly. Make definite you examine the style of coverage the provider has, too, and also you could desire to name your vehicle coverage enterprise to look how you are included for the period of a transfer like that. Also make certain you appear up the enterprise with the BBB to examine that they do not have a ton of proceedings in opposition to them. Good success!