What is with girls and relationships these days?

I do not understand what is with girls in our society in this day and age. I do not know why it so damn hard to find someone to have a relationship with. I know I am not the most attractive guy in the world, but I would not consider myself the worst either. However, it is not that I cannot find a girl, it is that I have never been one nor will I ever be the type of person to want a one night stand, some meaningless wasteful short term relationship, or a "Friends with benefits" kind of thing. I do not find it at all appealing, and I simply just want an actual relationship. For some reason, it appears that I am the only guy that actually wants a serious long-term relationship. Also, I would be completely fine with the idea of being able to say that I had sex with one person and not be ashamed of it. Because unlike everyone else's relationships, I actually want it to mean something... However, I cannot seem to find a girl. The opportunity has been presented before where I could have done something however, I chose not to, for reasons I have stated above. But I feel as if I am losing out and I am going to wait to long and will not be able to find anyone. Grant it, I am only 18, but it is the fact that I REALLY want a relationship, I know there is time, but I am just growing impatient I suppose, and it is frustrating. I cannot wrap my head around the fact that so many d bags and dishonest people are the ones that girls settle for. And on top of that, they are all over each other within the first couple days and having sex in a month or less. Honestly, I regret being nice sometimes, because it is as if it keeps me at a disadvantage with girls. Because although I hear all the time that they want a good guy, that never appears to hold true. I do not know when taking things slow became a bad thing or in today’s society non-existent….

I apologize for this random tangent, and honestly I do not know exactly what I am even asking on here. I am just mainly ranting because I guess I am hoping for some advice, an answer, or even other peoples agreement or if they want to rant as well just to simply know that I am not the only one that has these frustrations. I have some close friends that I would talk to them about this to however, although they will listen, they do not have an understanding for my frustrations due to the fact that their views are not one in the same. Once again, sorry for the rant and I do NOT literally mean ALL girls, I am simply just venting here.

And lastly, I have no idea if I am putting this into the right category. I am just submitting it to the one that they automatically chose.

Best Answer

Hey, you seem to be a rare type nowadays. Seriously, I wish knew a guy like you because, frankly, I am sick and tired of all my guy and girl friends just screwing each other without rhyme or reason. Not that I believe it's wrong to have a one-night-stand, but would having a relationship really kill them? I guess I'm just ranting, too :P sorry.. but I honestly don't believe there's anything wrong with taking things slow - maybe because I'm the same way. And no, I'm not old fashioned because I'm old - I'm 17... I guess this is just what most people are into and think is cool, but there are others who think like you, so I wouldn't worry too much. You'll definitely find someone right for you :) xoxo

Oh Chillax. Are you chillaxed? Yay! :D

Yeah it is hard to find anyone who wants a serious relationship nowadays. That goes for girls and boys! Just be patient. There are some girls who want serious relationships. Maybe you should try volunteering or going to more public places to try and meet someone. Good luck!

I'm a girl and I'm not like that.

i love you