Ok the Knicks are basically giving up Crawford for JJ?

Prolly another Yellow journalist but someone on Espn said that Joe Johnson wants to go to NY and will be offered a max contract on thursday to lure Lebron.

They gave up Crawford last year. Joe Johnson people.

• richie
    Favorite Answer

I think JJ will be a good fit with the Knicks. As someone pointed out, he is already familiar with D'Antoni's style of play plus he's a good all-around player that can score.

I think NY is playing it safe and is targeting Joe Johnson since it's pretty much sure that LeBron WON'T play for them next season. Johnson is the next best thing that they could get (good source of points, assists, and 3s) and could immediately fill the void that they have at SG. Also, NY might aim for another superstar, a big man in Amare or Bosh, to play alongside Johnson. So it's more of like a contingency plan in the event that they don't (and im sure they won't) lure LeBron.

Crawford < Johnson. Obviously, Johnson has a lot more upside than Crawford since Jamal knows only how to score. No decent supporting stats for him other than FT% and 3ptm.

I doubt it has anything to do with 'luring' Lebron..I doubt he has any desire to play alongside another guy who is basically the same mould as himself...

I think more likely, is the Knicks have realised they aren't going to get Lebron. He goes to the Bulls or Heat or stays in Cleveland, before going to NY.

Sounds more like they are taking what they can get, which at best, is Johnson and Amare.

• It makes sense to reunite D'Antoni and Johnson. I'm not sure what effect that's going to have on James, though...at best Joe Johnson is the 4th-best free agent available.

I KNOW JAMAL CRAWFORD THAT DUDE WHO PLAY FOR THE NICKS. BUT WHO IS JJ?

????Crawfords on the hawks

ya