Can I have some career advice PLEASE?

I am 15 years old and a Sophomore in high school. I've wanted to become a lawyer, governor and Senator for a couple years. But then lately, I've been considering becoming a producer or becoming an actress because I've been obsessed with a celebrity and his wife is a producer, so I started looking at becoming a producer or an actress and it sounds interesting. My uncle is a producer, but he is currently unemployed. I told my parents that I wanted to become a producer and they said "NO WAY". Then, a couple months ago, my grandma said "you love to read, maybe you should become an author. I've always wanted to be rich and famous, so I thought I should become a screenwriter. I want to become a lawyer because I could change someone's life for the better, I want to become a producer/actress because I'm obsessed with the celebrity and becoming a producer sounds interesting and I could work with celebrities everyday and become famous. (I've always wanted to be famous or rich.) My parents don't like idea of me becoming a producer because of my uncle and because they don't think I could make a living off of it. But, then I could always become like Mr. Schwarzenegger and be an actor and a governor. Do you think that would be a good idea? I don't know what to do! (Also, I am going to take Acting classes in school next year.) Can someone give me some advice on what you would do? Which job would you choose?

Favorite Answer

If you are serious about becoming a lawyer and have a high level of interest in working with or being around celebrities, become an entertainment lawyer. They make great money, have prestigious clients and get to be involved in the entertainment industry. This way you can help people's lives in a way where you can better them. After years of being a lawyer you can get involved with politics or behind the scenes movie production. See how you do with the acting classes, but it sounds like you are more intellectual than a person who reads scripts and goes in front of a camera. Since you are only

l5 you have a lot of time to really see where your interest and abilities are. You can always try to talk to people who are

working in the careers you want to get into, ask them questions about their professions; what their likes and dislikes are about the work. People are usually willing to talk to young people about their jobs, if they express and interest and let them know they need help for career decisions in their life. It's more important to love what you do and have a passion for the work, then just becoming rich and famous for the sake of it. Wealth and fame do not bring as much satisfaction as self-actualization does. Explore all possibilities of what you think you are going to love doing the most. Good luck and much success to you, now and in the future.