How long are employers allowed to look back on your criminal record in Illinois?

When you fill out applications for employment they always say list all arrests/convictions on your record within X number of years. How many years is it in Illinois? What state has the shortest time frame for looking back on criminal records? I have a reckless driving charge on my record which can never be sealed... show more When you fill out applications for employment they always say list all arrests/convictions on your record within X number of years. How many years is it in Illinois? What state has the shortest time frame for looking back on criminal records? I have a reckless driving charge on my record which can never be sealed or expunged under the new 2010 laws in illinois and I do not want to ruin my future employment opportunities over trying to hide a misdemeanor.