SO CONFUSED ON PUTTING TOGETHER A FLY ROD!!!?

Ok, I'm putting together my first fly rod. So I read how tapers work and my question is the taper on the thick line or the skinny clear line?? Because I have a skinny and thick end on the clear line, but from what I can tell, the thick line is supposed to have a skinny and thick end. Is the clear line... show more Ok, I'm putting together my first fly rod.

So I read how tapers work and my question is the taper on the thick line or the skinny clear line?? Because I have a skinny and thick end on the clear line, but from what I can tell, the thick line is supposed to have a skinny and thick end.

Is the clear line called a tippet?

Which end of the "tippet" do I attach to the thick line? the skinny side or thick side?
And which end to the fly?

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR ANSWERING MY QUESTIONS! I couldn't find any answers on Google and I just need straight forward answers! THANK YOU!
1 answer 1