Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingAdolescent · 10 years ago

Can parents successfully force their teenage and pre-teen children to listen to bluegrass music?

Can they make their kids listen to bluegrass music by banning the usual garbage (pop, rap, hip-hop) that they listen to, and replacing all of such music on their ipods with bluegrass?

Favorite Answer

Don't force them, they'll just resent you for it and be less likely to respect your musical preference.

You should, however, introduce the style to them. There's a great band called the "Pickin' On Series," which is a group of terrific bluegrass musicians that do covers of popular songs you're kids might like, but in bluegrass style. It might get your kids headed on the right path.

Source(s): 15 year old bluegrass aficionado.

umm..you asked this question again. Do you have some obession with forcing people to listen to bluegrass? And no, I'd take the f*cking ipod and throw it at your f*cking face.

I don't listen to pop, rap, or hip-hop. I think it's trash, but that's because all my mom listened to when I was little was country and oldies. Now, all my favorite songs are country. And not Taylor Swift, who's not really country but wishes she is.

So yeah, I think that if parents start young, and if it's all they let their kids listen to, then the kids will grow up liking it.

• Kara

Probably not. Even if you make the kid sit there and listen, they're probably not listening. I'd be too mad and would be complaining and thinking about something else in my head. So the kids will be there, but they won't.

NO!

parents abuse their power :P

you should let your kid listen to what THEY want!

growing kids should experiment with certains things like music, their appearence, and stuff.

that way they can find out who THEY are, not what their parents WANT them to be.

please don't be like my parents!

they are so controlling and never let me do anything and you know how that makes me feel?

it makes me WANT to rebel!

so let your kids be themselves and listen to what THEY wanna listen too.

gosh.

Source(s): my 13 year old mind.
  • Bluegrass is LAME!

lol you call that garbage? I call bluegrass garbage. Go figure

what is your obsession with bluegrass?

Blue-trash,

I mean, they are the parents? They can do whatever they want to their child's ipod...