Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

Why do Christians 'rule' the world?

they act like they're in charge and i want to know what makes them soo important!!!??

Update:

remember money doesn't bring love

i'm not trying to say all christians do, most of them

Update 2:

i do live in great britain, and christians there want to convert the whole country!

15 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

They don't rule the world, but they think they do.

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

Well, it might be a bad thing. Or a good thing. I think anytime that you put a religion in place of logic, or in just loving God, then you are in trouble. All religions are nothing more than mind control. Look at any one, see all the laws (that make no sense) and see that there are always those that live above those laws. In any country and in any religion, you will have those that live outside those laws. Because RELIGION IS CONTROL. NOT LOVE OF GOD. So any one religion in control is bad. The abolishment of religion would be the best thing. Then and only then can we with purity love God. But, look at another scenario. What if Islam ruled the world? They would have no one to Jihad against. Women would step back massively. The years of suffrage, and the work done by all the great women through the centuries would be for nothing. Men could do anything, at any time. A religion that isn't supposed to drink alcohol. A religion that cannot eat pork, or meat not prepared some holy way. There goes bbarbeque's western style. We'd all have to fly to little sin spots like Dubai or Las Vegas to get our party on. And then leave, not talk about it like it never happened and we would still be good little soldiers. So in the end, any religion at all, running the planet is a very, very bad thing.

• 1 decade ago

Big business controls the World

Which is why ''Maritime law'' is in place in China, England (uk) U.S.A and every other country accept a few muslim ones

Research ''Admirality law'' aka ''Maritime salvage law'' it replaced God in the court rooms in most God fearing nations

I live in England and England has become a pawn for the E.U.

75% of Legislation comes directly from the E.U, you can deny what is happening all you want, that is your right but it is true and all the evidence and proof is there.

I as an atheist, don't mind what you believe in, God , Zeus i don't care, it's your choice and good luck with that but don't be fooled to think that ''everything is o.k'' because it isn't.

An extreme right wing is forming and has been for a while, expect to see 'Government revenue collection officers'' on your street soon

Money is all that matters to the peoples in charge of our future, they are addicted to profits and this monetry system we call life is failing and failing fast.

Check the price of gold, silver and platinum and cross that with your £ and see what the difference is from 30 years ago, or even 10 years ago.

The banks are printing more money which means your money (your parents money) everyones money is worth less over night.

Learn where the money comes from in the first place and you'll understand there was no money just created government bonds (the whole system is fraudulent) JP Morgan and Goldman Sachs etc these people are in charge. Big business.

They give you a place to worship so you'll be quiet and content. They'll let you vote so you think you have freedom of choice but look at England/UK's government

I never voted for Brown (no one did) yet he was the Prime Minister for three years as he ''inherited that position'' from Tony Blair, this is no democracy.

• 1 decade ago

We don't rule the world we don't even claim to be of this world ?

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

This is a funny question.. Christians do not rule the world. You assume they do because what they believe and practice effects your lifestyle. You do not understand that you are free to choose what you want to believe in and don't have to be persuaded by anyone.. It seems to you they are important.. maybe it is a sign that you should reconsider.

• 1 decade ago

So, I would be interested in knowing what brought you to this conclusion. It seems like a very sweeping conclusion to come to and I'm willing to bet you've dealt with some people who claim to be followers of Christ, but in reality they don't worship anything greater than themselves.

I will try to answer your question the best I can though.

A true Christian will admit that God is the one who rules the world. Revelation 19:6 says "Alleluia: for the Lord God omnipotent reigneth." Omnipotent means all-powerful. Being as God is all-powerful and ruler of all creation, He has instituted laws that all of humanity is to follow. Those laws (particularly those regarding to sexuality) are often rejected by God's creation. A true Christian calls the world to repent and conform to God's rule. This is probably what you perceive as Christian's trying to be in charge. In reality, they are just trying to bring the world to follow God's law.

I'm sure your thinking "well what gives them the right" or "why do I have to follow God's law?" Well the answer to this is the answer to what makes Christians so important. Romans 3:23 says "For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God." That means everyone (including people who are Christians now), have broken God's law. Romans 6:23 says "For the wages of sin is death." That word "death" means separation. That separation is what Christians refer to as Hell, eternal separation from God and all that is good. This would be pretty bleak, if not for the second half of Romans 6:23 that says "But the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ, ou Lord." Christians are just people who believe this and believe what Romans 10:9 says "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved." This is the only thing that makes a true Christian important. Not that he is anything special, but that he has been saved from Hell by God's grace and now they have to tell the world.

I hope this helps you. I'm sorry for anyone who has called themselves a Christian and acted any different than this. A true Christian is suppose to be an ambassador of love, not a dictator.

• 1 decade ago

I think every belief does that. Look at how many posts you find on Yahoo Answers of atheists tearing apart religious posts. (Note: I'm an atheist)

• 1 decade ago

Actually christianity, in a sense, will end up becoming a global reality when Jesus Christ returns to earth. The bible says that the meek will inherit the earth. Jesus Christ will rule & reign from Jerusalem with an iron rod & were gonna rule & reign with Him! The whole world will finally know what perfect peace will be all about. Praise God for His soon coming return!

• 1 decade ago

We don't rule the world. God does. He made it clear in the bible that accepting Christ as our savior is needed first and foremost to get into Heaven and spend eternity with him. But christians are not to be arrogant, judgmental, pompous and conceited, because if they are, then they are NOT christians. God will deal with these people every bit as harshly as he will deal with unbelievers. We only try to take the good news of Christ's salvation through the world so that others like us will be in Heaven too. I want everyone to be there with us. We are only people who accepted Christ as our savior. We aren't the important ones, Jesus and he alone is important. Any "christian" who practices pomposity and the equivalent will be pulled down by God himself.

• 1 decade ago

Could it be because God rules the world and not us? We're not important, though. God is!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.