Theme song help anyone?

Someone at work was whistling a tune and they got it stuck in my head. I am positive that it is a theme song from an older show, my first thought was I dream of Jeannie or Bewitched. So this morning I wake up and that tune is on the radio and once again, I immediately thought of those shows, but after listening to their theme songs, I've realized it's not from either one of those. The song on the radio was Suzanne Vega - Tom's Diner, which I've only heard a few times before, definitely not enough to associate that tune with that song. If anyone is familiar with that song, can you tell me if that tune is indeed from some show? It's really bugging me and I'm curious as to where I know it from! Thanks in advance!

Favorite Answer

There's been loads of covers, remixes, alternative versions of Tom's Diner which can be found on Tom's Album, which is a collection of these covers and tributes of Tom's Diner that Suzanne Vega put together and there's a version which incorporated the theme tune from I Dream of Jeannie- Wikipedia says Nick-at-Nite used it to promote something on Nickelodean. It's a really cool album actually, even though it's the same song over and over the way it's interpreted by all those different people is really interesting. Nikki D's cover on there (Daddy's little girl) is amazing and I love R.E.M's version (they're listed as Bingo Hand Job which is a name they used to use at secret gigs). So, the song you're thinking of is actually called Jeannie's Diner, can be found on Tom's Album and is listed on the album as Jeannie's Diner - Vocals by Marilyn E. Whitelaw; Additional Vocals by Mark Davis.

This is the song I think you're talking about:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2aSK-q3s34

Youtube thumbnail

Source(s): I had this album years ago, I'd forgotten all about it but it was really really good and I listened to it loads.
  • jonah

Bewitched Theme Song

I Dream Of Jeannie Theme

I don't know which song you are talking about,

but just think of another song you like and start humming it. You'll soon forget what song was actually bugging you! Hope that helps, because it always helps me.