Confused by the Format of the Drudge Report?

Total Conservative, with a question for fellow cons ONLY.

Recently I made the Drudge report my home page, having gotten sick of Yahoo news. So vapid.

I had bounced around a bit then settled on Drudge. But i am finding that it is such a disorganized page. Not only disorganized but generally with a huge ad at the top and some other large image so that there are very few headlines at the top of the page.

First, can anyone explain the random nature of the layout and why people are so drawn to it. It is SO hard to scan the page for content. God pisses me off.

Second. Can anyone suggest a page similar in content but at least one notch better in layout?

Thanks

Favorite Answer

The genius of the Drudge Report webpage is its SIMPLICITY. It lists about two dozen or so stories every day in a fairly predictable order. The biggest story (or the newest) is always at that top dead center and often includes a picture. The breaking stories are usually top left. . and the meat and potatoes stories start in more or less time-of-posting order starting at the left of the stuff below the main story. Very simple. There is NOTHING else to see. No second page to click on. . .no endless circular links. .. no confusing fames or java script . . . or flash. SIMPLE. It is very well thought out and very well executed.

I'm amazed anyone would complain about it. Do you want us to read it out loud to you so it is easier for you to understand?

• Raatz

It's been like that since the style was popular...more than 10 years ago. He has no coding skills. Nor any skills.

Btw, Drudge is a gay egg fetishist who doesn't believe a word of his own copy. ( I knew him when.)

Great format. Louisiana has one like it. The Dead Pelican

• Nani

I haven't checked it out, but my husband loves it and told me just yesterday how easy it is to follow. Different brain types maybe?