Why does my indicator light stay on?

I drive a W reg (2000) Vauxhall Omega 2.0 GLS (Facelift). My remote key fob is currently not working (needs new microswitches) so needs to be locked/unlocked by the key itself. When i unlock the car and open the drivers door the hazard lights flash which must be the inbuilt (factory) security system. This can be... show more I drive a W reg (2000) Vauxhall Omega 2.0 GLS (Facelift). My remote key fob is currently not working (needs new microswitches) so needs to be locked/unlocked by the key itself. When i unlock the car and open the drivers door the hazard lights flash which must be the inbuilt (factory) security system. This can be switched off by turn the ignition on, but quite often the n/s (Left/Kerb side) indicators stay on in solid state (not flashing). Has anyone else had this problem and could it be a fault with the security system. If it is a security system fault, would a repair on the remote fob solve it?
Update: The indicators work fine at all other times so i can't see it having anything to do with a bad earth???
1 answer 1