I have this Tea its called Chrysanthemum Tea what does Chrysanthemum do?

What is it and What does it do???

is an Herb?

• JD
    Favorite Answer

Chrysanthemum is a flower. The tea's base is made from the flower and is used to reduce body heat, (fevers and other heat-related illnesses.) It is also recommended for sore throats, cold/flu viruses.

COMMON NAMES

* Chrysanthemum

* Ju Hua

The western world knows the Chinese plant “Ju hua” as the florists' chrysanthemum, primarily valued as an ornamental plant. However, the chrysanthemum is a well known medicinal herb in China, where it is also commonly drunk as an energizing tisane as well. Vision is improved by using the herbal medication made from the chrysanthemum. The floral medication is also used to soothe sore eyes as well as to bring relief from persistent headaches and to counteract all kinds of seasonal infections including the common cold and the flu. In addition, clinical research conducted on the herb and its properties shows that the chrysanthemum is a very helpful remedy for the treatment of high blood pressure problems in patients.

There are many different kinds of tea:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tea

With your tea:

Boil the kettle (US jug)

Warm the pot with some of the boiling water.... shake around a bit, then pour out in the sink.

Put tea into the pot. Pour boiling water onto the tea (bags or leaves)

let the pot sit for about five minutes.

Pour tea into a cup and drink.

do not add anything, like sugar or milk to chrysanthemum tea. It is a refreshing drink.

The best tip that I can give you for making good tea is to always warm the pot, then let sit for about 4-5 minutes before drinking. NEVER make tea with a tea bag in the cup. Always use a tea pot.

This is advice from generations of a tea drinking family. Although, I don't like chrysanthemum tea, my wife does. (She is Malaysian/Chinese)

I prefer Tetley tea, with milk and sugar .... very English

Some people prefer this with lemon.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tetley

Try making a big pot of English tea. The longer you leave it in the pot, the stronger it will get. Pour the whole pot of tea into a (pouring) jug. Add a little sugar. Cut a lemon in half and squeeze the juice into the jug. Let the jug of tea cool down. Put into the fridge. You now have a nice refreshing drink on a hot day. You could leave out the sugar.

Source(s): A life time of tea drinking
  • JenGen

It's a garden flower

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chrysanthemum

"Yellow or white chrysanthemum flowers are boiled to make a sweet drink in some parts of Asia. The resulting beverage is known simply as "chrysanthemum tea" (菊花茶, pinyin: júhuā chá, in Chinese). Chrysanthemum tea has many medicinal uses, including an aid in recovery from influenza"

I'm not sure I'd be happy to drink it as it is used as a powerful insecticide - Pyrethrin

but

"Extracts of Chrysanthemum plants (stem and flower) have been shown to have a wide variety of potential medicinal properties, including anti-HIV-1,antibacterial[ and antimycotic."

I think I'll stick to echinacea.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Echinacea

The word tea can refer to the infusion -- steeping in hot water -- of any herb. You would have to read the ingredients.

Its full of antioxidants and is very useful for high blood pressure. Hawthorn herb is another one for antioxidants and high blood pressure.