Christians: I don't believe Jesus Christ existed. But I kinda like his character / stories...Is that OK?

Favorite Answer

Anything you do is okay with me. You are one of the cool ones. You always show respect.

(((AEC)))

OK for what? It's kind of like someone asking you if it is ok that they pretend your Mom never existed, but they still want to have pretend character about her.

You reject the historical fact Jesus did exist and want to have your own pretend character by the same name? Seems kind of foolish, but it's your choice to ignore historical facts. Abe Lincoln was a good historical figure too, you may want to make a pretend version of him too.

It seems like it would better to get the facts [1] [2] and learn about the real Jesus Christ, you may like him even better than the pretend character you have now.

Even modern secular, atheistic, historical scholars don't deny Jesus existed in history. Some did more than 100 years ago, but there's too much evidence discovered since then that counters the Christ myth theories. [2]

@ Stop the Lies - Might want to listen to your name and do a little more research. Archeology has long supported the Bible as the original & reliable even the Smithsonian & Natl Geographic have said so. Your copy & paste misinformation is obviously biased and way off from the actual historical truth. If you believe the Christ myth (Horus etc.) nonsense you may also think the moon is made of cheese.[3] Dig just a little and you'll see how flimsy the reasoning and shallow the scholarship really is for all you have written.

• ?

I hate to break it to you, but Jesus existed. No legitimate historian will deny that. I'm not sure why you think to be an atheist you have to deny He ever existed. Admitting He existed does not mean you accept his deity. People who never existed don't have the impact on the world that Jesus had. I really think you need to do more research before you deny He ever existed. Look up Josephus (I think I spelled that right). People who say He never existed keep saying the Bible is the only record of His existence and that's not true, aside from the fact that the Bible is made up of multiple books and letters so it's not just one person saying He existed.

Anyways, if you don't believe in God I don't know how you can like His character or His parables. His character and parables are all about God, the Kingdom of God, and how He himself is God and the fulfillment of all the Messianic prophecies. Basically, everything you deny is real. I'm not saying this to be mean, I just don't understand your reasoning. Jesus said He was God. If He wasn't than He was out of His mind insane and not a person to respect at all. If He was God then you have good reason to like Him. The question then is, what are you going to do about this.

Oh, and "Stop the Lie," there is not one single contradiction in the entire Bible. Stop making up lies.

• You like that Jesus Christ stated that He will send the unrepentant man to eternal punishment.

Matthew 25:41-46

Jesus' character is of Separator, Sentencer and Sender.

I like that God is a just Judge and it appears that you do to.

I didn't always believe in Him either. But I do know a lot of non-Christians who respect His message of love and those Christians who sincerely practice what He taught.

• Esther

You can believe anything you like about Jesus. However, you may want to rethink who you say He is, considering that only those who believe in Him as their savior will escape eternal separation from God upon their death.

That's fine. It makes you look kind of ignorant because no serious historians doubt Jesus was a historical figure but if you don't mind, I don't.

Peace

Anon

I like Frodo Baggins, but he doesn't guide my life.

Most atheists admit the existence of Jesus, but only because a lot of historical evidence was presented. Now they question his nature.

There's no question whether or not he existed (cause it is proven the man actually did), whether or not he is the messiah is obviously up for debate. And it is ok to like a story :)

• Jake

Funny, how 99% of the Christians I know fail to live His message better than you. =)

((((AEC))))

• alec39

Even if you don't believe in him he loves you unconditionally as does God the father.