CBE group will not verify my debt that they claim I have with them, what to do?

The CBE group has called claiming I owe money from a verizon wireless bill and they say that it was when I was at a previous address. The address the CBE group gives me is a previous address but I never owned a VW phone while at that address. So I have asked them to send proof of the debt to me and I have asked... show more The CBE group has called claiming I owe money from a verizon wireless bill and they say that it was when I was at a previous address. The address the CBE group gives me is a previous address but I never owned a VW phone while at that address. So I have asked them to send proof of the debt to me and I have asked them to verify the debt and everytime they tell me that they are not able to do that and I would have to get in touch with VW. I tell them untill they can prove it's mine I don't owe them anything. Now I know they HAVE to verify the debt, it's the law, but what do I do when they keep saying they "Can't"?
1 answer 1