? asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 10 years ago

Can me cheating on my diet be the cause of this?

Okay well i've been on a diet where i just excercise and eat healthier and smaller portions, Well yesterday i went to the movies and had pop corn, soda and a couple cookie dough bites. Whenever i cheated before it was only a couple cookies or one cupcake something small , but i had popcorn whihc is salty and butter and after about a hour or so after eating that i kept feeling dizzy and would stumble alot and feel very light headed. So i was wonderin could me not being used to so much junk food cause me to become light headed? When i dont cheat every 5lbs lost i do not eat desert im cold turkey on it until i lose enough so ya, and today i still feel a little light headed but it defintley not as bad

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Extremely possible! If you completely cut out sugary or buttery foods your body basically flushes out your system and doesn't recognize these foods anymore.

It's important to take everything in moderation! It's okay to give yourself a treat now and then so long as you don't go nuts.

But to answer your question, it's because you haven't eaten these foods in a good period of time.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 4 years ago

Losing weight is like a squiggly line, not a straight line. Some days you might eat a little more, some days you might eat a little less. Some days you might expend more calories by being more active, some times a little less. It will all balance out. What is more concerning is that by being so rigid in your diet, you are setting yourself up to obsessive behaviors which results in an unhealthy behavior with food. Sure, you calorie intake isn't "eating disorder" level. But take it from someone who has been there and now struggles every day not to totally obsess over calorie intake and calorie burn. If you are having success watching calories, then good for you! But please realize that even if you had went over your calorie intake goal, one day is not going to cause you to ruin your diet and one 100 calorie pack too many is not going to make you gain weight. Personally, I think that 100 calorie packs are not the best choice for your health. Low calories do not equal healthy food. You'd be better off having something you really want and having it in moderation. For the 200 calories you consumed, you could have had almost a whole candy bar. This isn't healthier per se, but if it satisfies your craving and doesn't leave you craving more, than it was better for you and your relationship with food.

• 10 years ago

If you have cut most of the sugar out of your diet, you could definitely become light headed after consuming a soda. This would be caused by a spike in your blood sugar causing a spike in your insulin level. When the insulin kicks in your blood sugar level goes low and can cause light headedness. Since you had soda and cookie dough bites this is pretty likely.

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

all that popcorn, soda and cookie dough gave you a sugar high making you feel dizzy and light headed.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 10 years ago

maybe u should see a doctor, too much sugar might make u feel like that but i dont see any reason why popcorn would cause that to happen.

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

likely not.

sugar can sometimes give you a rush, but not popcorn

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.