how much does a sales assistant earn in amsterdam?

If you could tell me how much a sales assistant earn in Amsterdam on a weekly/ monthly basis. What I would need to do to arrange being able to work in the Netherlands for this period of time?

Thank you in advance :0)

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Do you mean sales assistant in a shop?

If so, mostly you start of with the minimum wage for your age.

Here you see the amount before tax, per month, week and day:

http://home.szw.nl/index.cfm?menu_item_id=13737&ho...

The amounts named are for a full time job, mostly 36 to 40 hours per week. If you are hired for part time, like 30 hours you get 3/4 of the full time amount.

And as a rule you will get about 2/3 after tax, but as young foreign worker you might be able reclaim part of the tax at the end of the period or year.

Whether you can arrange work in Amsterdam/the Netherlands depends on where you are from.

If you are a citizen of one of the EU or EEA countries you can, if you are from outside that area, like New Zealand, Canada or Australia you might be able to get a working holiday visa, if you are from other countries, like the USA, you can not get any visa allowing you to work in the Netherlands for work as basic as sales assistant.

As citizen of one of the EEA or EU countries you can just move and arrange the paperwork while here, but job hunting you need to do yourself.

If you are from one of the countries that can get working holiday visa, I am not even sure you can get them for the Netherlands, you might find an agency in your own country offering 'working holidays' where they help you with everything.

Read in the older questions about finding jobs, we often answer that question here.

Added:

This is one of those questions: http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=At2Yd...

Source(s): I am Dutch.
  • 3 years ago

slightly over minimum salary. revenues assistants in London are no longer in short grant. so £6.50 x 7hours x 5days x 4 weeks = approximately £900. that's assuming finished time paintings without holiday journeys.

• 10 years ago

As with most jobs in sales this depends on how good you are at selling

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.